Deficit Issue

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh my goodness I can't beleive they poisoned them... Didn't someone tell them that Bats are the best mosquito catchers ???? I hope they can make a come back.. Why is it all they can think of is to wipe something out...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Pirtykitty... it's a human thing. I don't get it. Destructive little species lol!! But now they are protecting them, so hopefully all will be well.

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
for years we have had a bat live under the siding on the garage,,but this summer sadly I havent heard it or seen it,,it used to chirp at me when I was outside messing around with the flowers near the garage..miss the little guy,,AND we have skeeters this summer,,never had any before.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks like the deficit issue is getting closer to going no where.Maybe a default would be a good thing in the long term.It may be needed to force W__hington DC to get it together.It may come at a high price in the way of our currency/bond ratings of the USA, and hurt people counting on the monthly gov't. checks. One way or another, pain is on the way.The economy will never grow with the grip of the US deficit around its throat...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
default is not the answer when 2 reasonable plans are on the board

for gosh sakes compromise Washington

one thing I loved about Obamas speech was he said americans are sick of the 3 ring circus in washington. yea, I so agree LOL
I am offended by our govt and Obama said that washington knows we are offended by their spending ways etc

but heck nothing will change, it never does

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
At this point, I just hope they don't kick this mess down the road 6 months and call it good. That would be just too much for me to stand- my head would explode and I really would turn off the TV and radio and pretend I am a country of one.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea kick it down the road is worthless

but we shall know soon what 'they' decide

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
Looks like the deficit issue is getting closer to going no where.Maybe a default would be a good thing in the long term.It may be needed to force W__hington DC to get it together.It may come at a high price in the way of our currency/bond ratings of the USA, and hurt people counting on the monthly gov't. checks. One way or another, pain is on the way.The economy will never grow with the grip of the US deficit around its throat...
I agree. Even a "compromise" is not going to be a long-term solution. This country needs a big reset, however painful that may be.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Not raising the debt ceiling doesn't mean default regardless of what the news dorks say. There is plenty of money to pay our debt, the military, ss, etc... They just refuse to prioritize the rest and cut the waste, fraud and abuse.