Deficit Issue

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Dragonfly watching is getting popular around here :p

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
we play a lot of fetch with the dogs. and we make up dialogs for the chickens - cheaper and more fun than seeing a movie!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
We watch for our bats every evening- a few of them that hang out in our backyard haven't succumbed to white nose syndrome yet. We love that our bats survived the winter- lots in this state didn't. :( They are talking extinction numbers for brown bats. :hit

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
We watched the moon rise last night. Beautiful!!

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
valmom said:
We watch for our bats every evening- a few of them that hang out in our backyard haven't succumbed to white nose syndrome yet. We love that our bats survived the winter- lots in this state didn't. :( They are talking extinction numbers for brown bats. :hit
Bats? I thought that it was just a really big fly circling my head every night sounding like a helicopter. I used to catch the 2 house bats and send them back up to the belfry, but they just keep getting back in. Now we realize the house is mosquito free so we just leave them alone and hope they don't turn into vampire bats.

We are also hoping they will avoid white nose syndrome and tried to make a good habitat for them since the winter caves are all infected.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Every once in awhile a bat will somehow get into the house- drives the Jack Russell who is a hunter nuts jumping to try to reach it :lol: I have always managed to throw a blanket over the poor thing and get it outside so far. We bought a bat house, but we really aren't sure how to site it.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
. . . and we make up dialogs for the chickens . . .
I laughed out loud - we do that all the time here too.

valmom said:
. . . succumbed to white nose syndrome . . .
Tell me more about white nose syndrome. Never heard of it. We love our bats.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
A lot of Colorado's bats got it too, but the idiots here considered bats a pest and poisoned them anyway. So there are a lot of groups trying to help them make a come back and bat houses are pretty popular here, too. We have a high incidence rate of mosquito carried diseases suddenly. Hah. And I think people are realizing bats = good.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Mammoth Cave in KY has restrictions there to help protect the bats in the park, too.