Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Northed said:
SSDreamin said:
I always enjoy the five minutes that any room I clean lasts :lol:
:yuckyuck Very true. About once a week I summon up the energy to do a round of sweeping, but come in a few hours later and you wouldn't be able to tell. :lol:
yup. cleaning is so pathetic. :lol:
for some reason we do it over and over and over and over and over again and again. we dumb :gig

Deb sounds like you are moving very well now. Is all healed do you think or will it be a bit more?
I'm not quite all healed up yet. There is still some stiffness, plus I just can't go like I normally do. I turned off the computer this morning, and got started on housework. My plan was to not turn this back on until this evening. Well, after ironing a whole basket of clothes, and putting away 2 smaller loads, I HAD to sit. If my breakfast was ready, I would have eaten that and worked on my Spanish. But, I want to get the one half of my kitchen clean B4 I eat. That way, I can wash that half of the floor and let it dry while I'm eating, then I can clean the other half, wash that half and let it dry while I'm gone. Tomorrow is going to be the day that I really have to do a lot of housework. I'll be working on the bedroom, and that's a real mess. Seems like I can never get that completely cleaned. I doubt I'll finish tomorrow, but since the rest of the house will finally (hopefully) be clean-at least the upstairs-once I'm done cleaning a room, I'll be working on that. And, when that's done, I'll be doing more on the basement. Then I'll have my yard sale, and if I'm not done w/the basement, finish it and work on the attic. Of course, once the junk is all gone and the house is clean, I'm going to work on getting the house finished.

I'm hoping and praying that we'll get enough bills paid off in the not too distant future to be able to look for a small farm, or at least land so we can build what we want. If we found wooded acreage, I wouldn't even mind that. I'd figure out where I wanted it cleared and would have someone come in and harvest the trees. That would hopefully offset at least enough to build a house and maybe a barn.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Ever have one of those days when it seems like nothing is going right, but it turns out for the good? That's about how I felt this morning. I had to relax for a bit B4 I could finish everything I needed to get done B4 I left for the farm. That meant that I was late leaving. And, I wanted to go to the feed store first. I miscalculated on when I'd need more of a couple of feeds, so I was heading to TSC and the feed store to get them. If I go to either of them, I take a different route to the farm, down a country highway. I noticed a truck parked on the other side, but it wasn't until I got up to him that I realized what he was doing. He was taking down the ad on the billboard and putting up a new one. For those who don't know, nowadays, they're basically just tarps. I turned around.

I get back to where he is, pull over, shut off the truck and get out. I ask him what he was going to do w/the old ad. His reply? Trash it, but if I wanted it, I could have it! I told him I wanted to use it to cover my hay. And, he had more of them in his truck! So, I got 5 12'x24' tarps for free! I'll just have to put some grommets in where I need them. :ya

Because of how messy my kitchen was, I wasn't able to clean it all this morning, so I had to finish it when I got home. I'm now waiting for the floor to finish drying. Once that's done, I can put the table and a couple of other things back where they belong. I'm telling ya, it's almost scary. I keep this up I'm going to have to take down the sign that says, MY HOUSE WAS CLEAN LAST WEEK, SORRY YOU MISSED IT!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Great find on the tarps!!!!!!! I always feel more at peace when my house is clean (ish)!!!:rolleyes:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same here. I hate to come home to a messy house, and don't relax as much when away cuz I know what I'm going home to. :/

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Great deal on those tarps, Deb! :D

A clean house??? What is that??? :hide
I'm not 100% sure. It's been YEARS since I've had one! :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I found something that I can use to candle the eggs-2 dome light fixtures, and a squiggly light bulb. I don't think any of the eggs from my hen has anything developing. But, the 2 white eggs looks like they might have something. The other green eggs I have are just too dark. Almost no light penetrated them. So, I'm wondering if my rooster is infertile. Or, if he just wasn't doing his job this early in the year. If I get any chicks from this batch of eggs, I'll wait a bit, then when I have my chickens moved, I'm putting RU's Easter Egger in w/my chickens. Then, I'll try again.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I use an LED flashlight and it works fabulously!! What do are you on??

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean day, and not do? I'm on day 14.