Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I just read your journal! :lol:

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK so candle eggs with a LED flash light? Yep, tried it with a toilet paper tube. Must be my poor eyesight. Couldn't see diddly.
What is the secret?
Do tell.
Trim sends
//BT//

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
OK so candle eggs with a LED flash light? Yep, tried it with a toilet paper tube. Must be my poor eyesight. Couldn't see diddly.
What is the secret?
Do tell.
Trim sends
//BT//
I just sat them on the light :D I tried with a toilet paper roll and it didnt work.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I tried it w/the LED flashlight. It wasn't bright enough. I tried another one, and it did better, but I still couldn't see that great. And, I tried it both w/and w/out the tube. But, using the 2 dome lights worked. I did it w/hubby home. I ever do it again, it will be w/out him! He drove me nuts. The one fixture was complete, and I could have clamped it on the table. The other one was just the dome part itself. When we took the bulb out, the dome came off and the hole was just the right size to lay an egg on it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I use a Mini Maglite, but it's not great for the darker eggs. :hu

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I have therapy this morning. I don't wanna go. I'm getting tired of it. But, I see the doctor next Thursday. Hopefully he'll tell me I'm done w/it.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I have therapy this morning. I don't wanna go. I'm getting tired of it. But, I see the doctor next Thursday. Hopefully he'll tell me I'm done w/it.
Good luck with it!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It does get old after a while. hopefully the Dr. will tell you it's been long enough!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just hope that you don't use your one-liners on the therapist...they may never let you go becuse of your comic relief! :lol:

Hope your pt went well! :hugs

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
I just hope that you don't use your one-liners on the therapist...they may never let you go becuse of your comic relief! :lol:

Hope your pt went well! :hugs
Actually, they don't go over very well w/him. :lol:

Quite honestly, I don't really see why I need to go any longer. They are no longer manipulating my knee. There is not an exercise that I do there that I could not do at home-I'd just need to do a bit of work to my bicycle. And, while I don't have a 2 lb weight, it wouldn't cost as much for one of them as my co-pay costs. I'd also need a ball of some sort, and I'd actually have to put air in my exercise ball, but that would be it.

Got to the farm this morning and found out I missed all the fun last night. One of CL's horses realized that the electricity wasn't working-someone had for some reason wrapped the end around some metal. :hu So, he decided to go walk about, and took his whole herd w/him. I got there and PT and RU were working on fixing the one section of fence. And, I was actually able to help! So, that was all fixed, but next to the one gate, they managed to bust the post. So, there's no way that she could let the horses into that field. Right now, they're in the field w/her horses.

And, here's my biggest news for today-it was a bit windy out, but a nice, warm day. So, once we were done w/the fence, I went and got my tack, got Misty out of the field, saddled her up, and w/no one holding her, got on! She was a bit high today. I think it's because of the wind. RU is putting a new cover on a soft sided shed, and it's not all fastened down. So, that was flapping and she was reacting. But, I was able to handle her w/no problem. I did ask her for a trot a few times. I tried it both sitting and posting and found that I'm not quite ready for a trot yet. That's OK. We're rusty, so working at a walk is probably good for us.

I decided to dismount on the off side today. That way, I didn't have my bad leg next to her. It wasn't pretty, but I did it. I'm not sure which is worse, dismounting correctly, or dismounting on the off side. I'm not quite ready to ride on a trail yet, but I'm back in the saddle! I don't need anyone holding her, so other than letting someone know I'm getting ready to ride, I'll be riding everyday I have the time and the weather is good! :ya