Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've been pertpetually napping all week! :lol:

Our weather turned a few days ago, with wicked winds and driving rain/snow, so I have only ventured out on a need to basis!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm having one of those days/weeks too. I don't want to do anything :p I have been working out in the greenhouse though. Still much much more to do though. I'm trying to get the gravel floor laid out in there.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Mine just has dirt. It looks a lot like yours! Though admittedly, mine does have a few ground hog holes in it. :rant :somad

I'm curious, how do you keep yours warm at night? That's been my biggest problem w/getting plants to start. They're fine during the day, but we're still going below freezing at times here. The best thing I ever used was a kerosene heater, but I can't stand the smell, plus there's the cost of the kerosene. I'm looking into maybe building a rocket mass heater in there this fall.

Oh, and I never did get my nap. I decided I was going to wait until after I gave Storm his 2nd feeding. I didn't want to get out there too late since I had to put another RB out. Well, the hubster decided he wanted to go to Aldi's, so he went w/me. (Of course, all he did was sit in his SUV while I got stuff done.) There's 3 Aldi's in the area, so we went to the one that's the closest-plus it's near a TSC. I went in. And, if they had had the varieties I was looking for, I would have come out w/some chicken nuggets. :hide But, they're supposed to be getting more in early next week, either Monday or Tuesday. So, I'll call Wednesday afternoon. And, if they have what I want, I'll run down and get them. My eggs are supposed to hatch on Tuesday, so I figure that would be the best time for me to get chicks right now.

Once I got home, I worked on the wood that I never unloaded from the back of my truck. I got most of it taken care of, then finally said that's enough! And now it's too late to take a nap. Oh well. :/

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, my eggs are now in lockdown. I don't know if I'm going to get anything or not. 1 of the whites ones looks like it might have something, the other, not so sure about. None of the eggs from Angel look like they did anything, and I can't tell on the other green eggs. The shells are so dark, I can't see thru them. Only time will tell.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I never got my nap on Saturday. I had trouble sleeping Saturday night. I wanted to take a nap yesterday, but didn't have the chance. Hubby needed my help outside for a bit, so there went my nap time. I was able to get to sleep easily last night. Only problem being w/the time change, I didn't get enough sleep. Hubby has left for work, and I need to get moving. I have therapy this morning and don't feel like going. I'm so tired of it. And, it's going to be beautiful out. I'd love to go canoeing this afternoon and seeing if I'm able to yet or not, but don't know if I'll have the time.

I need to do more work on my greenhouse. I didn't know if we still had a ground hog in there or not. Well, the answer is yes. I had filled one of the holes it made back in. The dirt is all dug out again. :rant Looks like I'll be buying a cantaloupe and baiting the trap again.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I feel you on the sleep issues.... UGH. Got to bed later than I wanted on Saturday night, woke up later than I wanted, and then later to bed last night. I feel very :th

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Today was a good day for lessons:

Honey learned that I'm smarter than she is.

Misty learned that spooking at one section in the riding arena means we'll work there.

Hubby learned that acting like you're going to head butt a goat is NOT a smart idea.

I learned that ACV works great for getting rid of warts.

I also learned that I'm not the only one that goes upstream on the lake.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was. I might even post more details later.

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Hubby learned that acting like you're going to head butt a goat is NOT a smart idea
I hope he is okay!
:lol: I read this to my DH (the critters are mine, he only helps if I need/ask him to) and he said "even I know better than that" :lol:

Denim Deb said:
It was. I might even post more details later.
I'd love to hear more about this