Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Glad you got lots done! I think it is less hot today than it was yesterday but more humid. So it goes...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm not doing much of anything today. Went to church this morning, and started to feel real bad, so I came straight home and went to bed. I'd be sleeping now, but hubby woke me up and has done nothing but aggravate me since. :barnie

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Right now, I'm hiding in my house. Hubby and I left this morning at around 8:00. (Note to self, hubby's early and mine are NOT the same. I should have left at my normal time, I would have gotten some more stuff done.) We worked until around 3:00 out at the farm. I need to charge up my camera. And, if I get that charged, and get done a couple of things tomorrow, I'll have some new pics!

It was so hot out there. I was so glad to get home. I kind of died as soon as I got in the house. I don't even want to know how hot it is out there! Neither of us were expecting to be as long as we were. Otherwise, I would have made potato salad B4 we left. But, I've hard boiled some eggs and cooked some potatoes. Now, I'm waiting for everything to cool down, then I'll make my potato salad. Only problem? It won't have any celery in it. I still don't have my truck, so I can't shop. :/

I need to get up enough energy to go out and feed the goats and bunnies. I really wish I had gotten the pool up. I'd love to just go and relax in it right about now. It will be up this week!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It was 96 here today and I was on a roof helping lug up sheets of plywood in the sun :sick I KNOW how ya feel!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I actually burned a bit. And, I almost NEVER burn! I'm not sure how hot it was. I normally check my daily high and low B4 I got to bed.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
DH and DD burned today too. I tanned...I think they hate me :lol: I'm Cherokee/German...they...are Irish/English. Pale faces look funny now MWahahahaa :p

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I am German/European mutt, and I can burn, but if I do it right I can be a beautiful shade of golden brown! I've been trying to be careful this weekend and get enough sun but not so much that I burn myself. And when I am feeling the warmth in the evening after I've taken my shower, I put on my Essential Oils and that takes it away.

Good for you for getting stuff done. It sure was nasty out there this weekend. We managed to make it until Sunday afternoon before turning the a/c on. Chinchilla's don't do well in the heat, and that's really why he turned it on. Me, I could have handled it, sure it would have been uncomfortable, but with the a/c not running and the living room fan on I am sitting here with a blanket over my lap so I'm not exactly comfortable as it is! :p Me and cold just don't get along all that well...

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was right around 97 yesterday. :th I was wearing a baseball hat, and kept soaking it w/the hose. I don't plan on being outside anywhere NEAR as long today. And, instead of wearing a sleeveless shirt, I'll be wearing a short sleeved shirt. I don't need anymore sun on my shoulders! I'm German/English/Irish/Scottish/Jewish/and Canadian. And, who knows what's in the Canadian. There could be some Native American in the mix-I get asked constantly if I am, so who knows? It was so hot that Cindy decided to stay outside instead of in the tack shed when I left. I can't say I blame her. Today is not supposed to be as hot, tomorrow is supposed to be even cooler, then temps are supposed to go down into the upper 70s. I hope so. I'd get a ton done outside.

In other news, the chicks are starting to fly a bit. I keep telling them they're in a no fly zone, but all they do is look at me. They're so cute. I love the little feather tuffs on the cheeks.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
get that pool up NOW!! I know what you mean on the heat. once your body gets overheated it is so hard to come down.

hang in there. hot weather is on its way!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
get that pool up NOW!! I know what you mean on the heat. once your body gets overheated it is so hard to come down.

hang in there. hot weather is on its way!
And that's the problem! I want cool weather! :lol: Pool will be up soon. It hasn't been that high on the list because it hasn't been that hot-until this weekend. I STILL need to get the garden in, but can't do that until hubby finishes the fence. (He keeps putting it off) It does me no good to put it in now because of the stupid groundhogs. They eat my plants. :somad