Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Most be such a rewarding feeling to know that what you are doing is reaching some of those kids, and benefiting them!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, we're all done w/the day camps. It doesn't seem possible that I only have 4 weeks left of work. I've found out how to deal w/that long lunch that I have. I took out a fold up lounge chair. So, I use the first half hour of it for eating, reading or whatever. Then I open up the lounge chair and try to take a nap for a half hour. Whether or not I fall asleep, it doesn't really matter. Just relaxing for that time is good for me.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm STILL having problems getting on. I don't know if it's my brower or what. Normally, I use Fire Fox. But, it needs to be upgraded and I can't figure it out. Right now, I'm on Explorer. I stopped using that years ago because it kept freezing up on me. Now, I don't know what to do.

Today, I may not get much done. I'm exhausted. I slept until 7:00-which I almost never do. It was after 9:00 when I went out to feed the horses. Now, I'm back home and just don't feel like moving! So, I may just take it easy.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if ya don't feel like moving---then DON'T
:lol:

give yourself a break and do nothing and veg out. nothing wrong with that! sometimes you have to shut down a bit. to get yourself revved back up

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm not. I'm sitting here on the computer and watching TV. I don't even know what the name of the program is. Something on the food channel w/Gordon Ramsey. And, it's not the one where he's yellling at everyone.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Forecast was calling for thunderstorms. So, I checked out the radar B4 we started to make dinner and it looked like I'd be fine as long as I left the farm by 8:00. So, I had dinner (lobster), then checked the radar again. That storm was moving! And, my guys needed hay! RU is away, and I needed to feed her dogs. And, CL had called and left a message that her horses were out of hay. Rather than taking the bike like I'd planned, I jumped in the truck and started speeding to the farm. Got part way there and realized that there was NO WAY I could get that all done B4 the storm hit. So, I turned around, sped home, grabbed a couple of bales of hay, threw them in the back of the truck and left again.

I got to the farm. First thing I did was drive to where the tractor is parked. I needed to make sure the tractor was covered. If it gets water in certain places, it's very hard to start. Tractor wasn't covered so I covered it quick and jumped back in the truck. Neighbor had recently cut his hay field, so I did something I normally wouldn't do-turned around in his field and drove down to my field.

I backed into the parking area next to my trailer. Opened the trailer and threw the one bale of hay inside. Then, I got my wagon, put the other bale of hay on it, grabbed Stormy's feed and feed dish and went into my seeded area. I managed to let Stormy in w/out getting Misty in. Got him fed, then put out the bale of hay. Got my chickens fed, and since I didn't have any bales I could put out for CL's horses, I opened the gate into the "riding arena". There's quite a bit of grass in there, so they'll be fine until tomorrow night. Got my chickens fed, collected the eggs, put them in my truck and saw Stormy was done eating. So, I managed to get him back where he belonged, then fed Cindy and shut her up in the tack shed. And for most of the time, I was running the best I could.

Jumped in the truck and headed over to RU's house. Drive in the driveway, and get the dog food all set up. One dog eats in the house since she's on a different feed, so I let her in. Then I started running w/all the dogs following me. Get them all fed and run back to the house. By now, it's starting to rain, but it's not bad. Get back in the house and let the dog out. Lock the door and run to my truck. By the time I get out of the driveway, it's pouring! And, I'm soaked-but not from the rain.

I drive home in the pouring rain. Get about a mile from my house, and it's just spitting. Park the truck and get in the house. W/in 3 minutes, I look out the window, and it's pouring!

We really needed the rain, so I'm not sorry to see it. I'm just glad I was able to get everyone fed B4 it hit and that I didn't take the bike!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
All that running around to feed the dogs for nothing! RU just called. I thought she wasn't getting home until tomorrow. She got home tonight. :he But, she's glad she didn't have to go out and feed them.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We got quite a bit of rain last night. We had line after line of storms roll thru. Each one woke me up, but since there wasn't a lot of thunder, I fell back asleep pretty easily. I was hoping today would be a bit cooler and less humid. Well, it wasn't. It still got hot and humid. Plus, there was so much pressure on my sinuses, it felt like my head was going to explode! I would have loved to have stayed at home, but I had to go to work.

Work felt funny today. We had a small group of people come in for a nature lesson, but nothing like the amount of kids we had the last 4 weeks. We took them out for a walk, so it felt good to get outside.

I've been trying to relax during lunch, even taking a nap. But, I haven't had much luck. I just havn't been able to get really comfortable on my lounge chair. The other day, I dug out a camping pad I had made several years ago. I took one of those egg crate mattress pads, cut it to size, then cut a sheet to size, put a zipper on one end and elastic on the other. It smelled a bit musty, so I washed it, and put it outside. Last night, I put it back together, then took it w/me today. And, I was comfortable enough! I think I'm going to take this set up w/me next time I go camping. It's easy to set up and won't lose air during the night.

I had to put out hay for my horses, and they were quite glad when I did. I'm not overly happy w/the bale, but can't really do much about it. The hay guy should be doing his next cutting soon. And when he does, I'll be getting 12 RBs. That will give me a good start on my winter hay. I'm hoping that I'll actually have all the hay I need for the winter by mid-November. That would be a first for me. And, it will make my life so much easier.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you got some much-needed rain! :hugs We've had a bit over the past week and while it isn't enough to do much towards getting us out of the drought, it's better than nothing! ;)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We've been getting just enough rain to keep us out of the drought, but not enough to keep everything looking green. A lot of yards really look parched as does the corn. So, it will probably pour when I want to go camping.