Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, when I got to the farm today, my horses were all where they belonged-which is good since w/all the clouds we've had my charger isn't working. Hopefully, the brat won't figure that out. Didn't spend much time there today. KN fed for me this morning, so hubby and I spent some time together B4 I headed out to do the pm feeding. I did get 5 eggs today! :ya

Went to my parents for dinner. My brother was there from Germany. My sister was there from Connecticut. My brother that lives in the area was there. I can't remember when all 4 of us were together like that. My brother had his camera w/him, so he took some pics w/my Dad on one end, my Mom on the other, w/the 4 of us in order between them. (I'm still the best looking of the bunch. :hide )

My dad had some old pics on his computer from when we were growing up. There was one pic of me from when I graduated from high school. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was my daughter!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It was good. My daughter couldn't make it cuz she had to work. My son did too, but he was able to stop over for a bit so he got to see some pics of his great grandparents, as well as aunts and uncles that he didn't really know.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Wow! A happy family get together. What a concept, for me at least! I'm glad you had a good time and got to see family that is not always close! And got to spend time with dh. Sounds like a really good day!!!!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've been blessed w/a good family. Once we got past the sibling rivalry stage, we all got along well. I just wish we weren't so spread out. :(

Denim Deb

Reaction score
The weather here has been horrible for this area. It's either raining, windy, cloudy or a mix of all 3. And, I don't do good w/that type of weather. My head feels like it's ready to explode. I feel worn out and just can't get stuff done. There are some days when I wish I didn't have to do anything.

They were calling for sunny skies today. We didn't get them. I went to the farm, and got almost nothing done. While it's cold out, the ground hasn't frozen completely yet, so that means I'm still dealing w/mud when I feed the horses. I got them fed, and got some manure cleaned up. But, since I can't start the mower, it just got dumped on Mt. Manure. Plus, I couldn't get it all cleaned up since some of it was frozen solid to the ground.

I was going to clean up a bit more around my tack shed and putting the stuff in Honey's old stall. But, my feed were freezing, so I went and hid in my tack shed instead.

I was going to go and cut some more wood. But, I need to make bread. But, I feel like sleeping. So, I haven't done either of them. I should really get up and at least do wood.

If the weather would just clean up a bit, I'd be fine. But today is one of those days when I asking myself if it's all really worth it. I know it's a silly question. And, I can't help looking forward to the day I get up, walk out of my backdoor to feed my horses, and have enough wood for the winter well in advance.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, today started out lousy. KN was supposed to be there. And, she was going to help me fix the wall between where my horses are and hers. I needed to get a couple of pieces of wood first, so I ran to Lowes B4 I went to the farm. I get there. No sign of her. Feed my horses and CL's. Still no sign of her, so I give her a call. She's not coming! So, not only did I not have any helper, but I had to feed her horse. :barnie :he I decided not to work on the wall today. It's a 2 person job and last time I checked, I was just 1 person. So, I unloaded the wood and stuck it in Honey's old stall. Of course, the Brat had to come over and get in my way. I left the ropes down while I was getting the wood out and she had to go in there! So, she got chased out, then locked in Misty's stall. She wasn't too happy about it. But, w/her out of the way, I was able to just leave the gate opened and the ropes down. Stormy was busy w/his 2nd feeding by the time I did this, and I knew Misty wouldn't go anywhere.

I got all the manure cleaned up the best I could out of my field. W/all the rain that we've had, some of it is basically impossible to get. I just dumped everything that I got today on Mt. Manure. And, I was able to jump the mower today, so I was finally able to dump what was in my cart! :woot I took the battery out, and brought it home. I'll take it out w/me when I'm going to be using the cart.

Got home and decided to do nothing. I was going to do wood, but it took me longer at the farm then I was expecting. Plus, it looked like it was going to rain, so I said forget it. So, I relaxed for a bit. Then, I got some bread going and did some dishes. Now that I've gotten the hang out of using the kitchen center, it's so much easier to make bread. Think I'm just going to have to do it this way all the time.

Oh, and hubby finally got the chipper shredder running. We tried to run some hay thru it, but it wasn't working that well. I'm going to take the little bit that we did get out to the farm tomorrow and see if Stormy will eat it. If he does, we'll try to figure out a way to chop it up.

I have some stuff to do for my 4-H club on Saturday, so I'll be working on that this evening.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's a mixer, blender, salad maker, grinder, etc all in one. It has regular beaters as well as the ones for making dough. If I remember correctly, it was 5 tools in 1. I got it as a shower present-about 30 years ago! I also have a puree attachment that came separately. I know there's also a pasta maker attachment that i always wanted, but never got. I did see one for sale last year, but didn't get it. I didn't have the money then. I'm hoping I can find one this year.