Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's an Oster. But, I don't think they make them like this any more. I know Sears used to carry them.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a nice family visit!
Wish it was that way with my family :/ My sister is supposed to be up in February (from TX - she hasn't been home in about 10 years) and my brother and I are already fighting - about who has to put up with her :lol: In our defense, we are both 'normal' people with families (OK, I'm NOT normal, but I try!) and she is an entitlement sucking drug addict that neither of us wants around our kids. Ahh, family...

Can I ask why KN didn't call to tell you she wouldn't be able to help? Seems to always work out that way when YOU are the one in need of help...

I used to like Oster, but I think they changed hands or something and their quality went down. I had a blender, for years, that I loved. Lost it in the fire, so saved up to buy a new one - it was junk! :( My want right now, for making dough and stuff, is a Bosch... my kitchen aide is great for most things, but has trouble with the amount of dough I need to make at any given time.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I have no idea why she didn't call. But, she's been informed (by me) that I expect her and CL to feed my horses weekend mornings. That will save me gas and aggravation. I feel it's only fair. After all, I'm feeding their horses 5 days a week.

Got there this morning and realized I forgot to turn the electric back on when I left yesterday. But, all of my horses were were they belonged. At first, I thought they hadn't realized it, so hadn't tried anything. Then I realized that the bottom 2 lines were messed up-but still in place. So, I would say the Brat tried to get in and couldn't w/the way I have them now. :lol: :celebrate

I did a bit of wood today, but not much. I cut up a bit out in the woods, then went for a bit of a walk. I found a place where there's a lot of downed maple, oak and sassafras. Then, I got a headache. So, I got back home, cut up enough wood for overnight, unloaded the rest of it, then went back in the woods and swept out the bed of the truck. I'm trying to do that every time now so I don't have a big buildup of crap in there.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
So I heard. And, I wanna hear more!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well, all I know is she is a four legged overgrown dog lookin thing :p She's under two, looks to have some Arabian blood, and pretty sure because she was eating sage grass this afternoon, and maybe QH or something. She was a rescue horse, underfed and nearly dead when my friend got her. She will eventually be a part of the equine therapy program here. I named her several months ago when JD first got her :D She has put on a good bit of weight and seems to be doing fine out here even though i have far from adequate amenities for a WHOLE HORSE :/ She'll only be here for 3-4 months though, so I think we both might pull through this :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Rescues make some of the best horses in the world.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Got almost nothing done. I still have a headache and have no energy. I hope I'm not coming down w/something. :(

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Got almost nothing done. I still have a headache and have no energy. I hope I'm not coming down w/something. :(
:hugs Hope you feel better soon!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yeah, so do I. Hubby and I went out for dinner tonight, and I had to run to the ladies room. Our order hadn't even come yet, so they packed it up and we took it home.

Had the hay guy deliver hay today. I had gas w/me for the tractor, but only problem being RU used it yesterday, and didn't put gas in it, so she ran out. And, I couldn't get the tractor started. :he I HATE it when she does that. We ended up putting straps around the hay, hooking it to my truck and pulling them off that way. So, they're sitting in the seeded area of my field. And, I won't have time to do anything w/them until Monday. :hit

It's gotten cold out, so my field froze. Good thing is, I didn't have to wear my muck boots! Bad thing is, there's all kinds of bumps and ruts in the field and I twisted my ankle. :hit So, I'm now wearing an Ace when I'm up and about. Made it fun to go and get fire wood. But, I got quite a bit. I cut up enough for tonight, and hope to get the rest done tomorrow.

I put the last of my horse treats in my treat holder. There was quite a bit of "dust" in the bottom of the bag, and I wasn't sure if I had gotten all of the treats out. So, I dumped it in the seeded area so I could check. I didn't realize how close I was to the electric rope though and I had the electric off. I was doing some other stuff when I noticed Licky leaning up against the rope eating the dust. I really didn't want her doing that. So, I turned the electric back on. It works. :hide