Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
whew, i got out of breath just reading, hope you have a nice SLOW evening!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I plan on going to bed waaaay early! Right now, I'm trying to get up enough energy to go and take a shower. :lol: After being in the woods, I figure this is the best way to get rid of any possible ticks.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I just can't win. When I went to bed last night, it was in the 50s, and wasn't supposed to go much lower. Well, it's 32* out there! :he I don't know if my remaining mater plants have made it or not. Plus, hubby just bought some plants that he left sitting on the floor of his car overnight. They're bigger than mine, so they may be OK. If mine aren't, I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just have to buy all my plants for this year, finish the greenhouse the way I want it, and try again next year.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Here's hoping they made it. Nothing more frustrating than frost. :fl

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, they survived. I'm hoping to have them in the ground by mid May. This weather is driving me nuts! I had to make a fire this morning, then it almost got warm enough for the AC this afternoon. While I know there are places in the US where that happens, it normally doesn't happen around here.

I had a tiring day. I went in the woods and dragged home a bunch of small, dead red cedar trees. I'll be using them in my garden for supports. I got almost all of the ones I need! And, it won't take me long to get the rest I need.

RU is away. So, that means I have to feed the horses. PT normally cares for the dogs, cats, pigs etc when she's away, but she's away as well. So, that meant I needed to do it. LF is spending the night and caring for the 2 house dogs. It took me a LOT longer to get everything done than I was expecting. Part of the problem was that people kept calling me. It was after 7:00 B4 I was ready to leave. And, that probably explains why I did what I did. I walked out of the house-and locked the door. I forgot that LF needed to get back in the house.

I got home, got my animals fed, got clothes off the line, then got changed. I had hay down my shirt, and it felt so good to slip into my jammies and relax-until I got the call from LF. :he I had to get my clothes back on and go BACK to the farm and unlock the house so she could get in.

The good thing? On the way home, I saw a big, wooden spool at the side of the road. It said FREE on it. It's now in the back of my truck. I'll admit it wasn't very easy to get it in there, but I did it!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
So much for a nice, quiet Sunday! I had church this morning, but B4 I left, I did a bunch of dishes. That took awhile. I had planned on doing them last evening, but was just too beat, and they HAD to be done. I almost fell asleep in church, but managed to get interested in the sermon, so stayed awake.

After church, we had a business meeting. It was the first one I've attended at the new church. And, they had pizza first! So, I didn't have to worry about lunch. I had planned on going straight to the farm from church, but changed my mind. I took the truck to church, but it was so nice out when I left, that I was regretting that I didn't take the bike. So, I went home, got changed, got the bike and left. Only problem being, by then it wasn't as nice!

Got to the farm. First thing I had to do was put air in the tire of my mower. Got that pumped up, and went and dumped my cart. Then, I fed Stormy and cleaned up my field. That took quite a while since I haven't done it for a few days! W/that done, I got hay out. And, since it's supposed to rain, I filled the hay nets.

W/that all done, I was able to start on taking care of RU's animals. I got the horses fed, got hay out and got some in the barn for some of the horses. Then, I had a choice. I could unload the rest of the wagon, or I could find a tarp and cover them all up. And that wasn't easy! But, I got it done. Got all the other animals fed, got the chickens taken care of, got Cindy taken care of and was finally able to leave.

Got home, got the animals fed, got the spool out of the back of my truck, got the dirty horse blankets and put them over the deck rail, got some branches and dragged them into the wood shed for just in case, got everything covered up and was FINALLY able to come in the house and relax.

Now that I'm home, I can't remember if I put my jump box back in my shed or not. If I didn't, it's going to have to stay out. I'm just too beat to go back to the farm.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yesterday it rained. Hubby wasn't feeling well-he was dizzy, so he came home from work early. As a result, I basically got nothing done at home. I HATE it when he does that. He did decide he needed to go out later in the afternoon. I didn't really want to go, but since I didn't want him to go by himself feeling like he was, I went w/him. If he had asked me, I could have told him what his problem was-his blood pressure was too high. He finally figured it out later in the evening and got it back down, so he felt better.

I am wondering more and more where hubby are heading. We're fighting more and more, and doing less and less together. At times, I'd really love to just walk away from it all. :/

Latest posts