Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I did today. Nada. DH cooked breakfast, and I basically watched him do the truck. I'm TRYING to get my back in better shape before all chores are back in my lap Monday morning. Still dunno what I did to get it so outta whack!!

I hope you aren't getting sick!! This weather change has got me a little bit, but not too bad. I wake with a sore throat about every morning, have for about 3 days now. Maybe it's just winter blowing in and your body is making adjustments! :) Either way, I hope you feel better soon! :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Thanks. As it is, I'm not going to visit MIL this weekend. I don't need to get her sick on top of everything else she's dealing with. Hubby says she's coming home on Wednesday. They've now given her 6 months to live. He says she looks a bit better.

It got cold last night-40*! I wore long sleeves all yesterday, and may today as well! I think we're going to have an early fall, so I need to really get cracking on firewood.

OK, today will be an easy day. My list for today

1. Go to church
2. Go to a nursing home w/my dad and play the piano
3. Pick my field
4. Feed Stormy, put out hay, take care of the chickens and Cindy
5. Cover my hay properly since it might rain
6. Feed the goats
7. Make and eat dinner
8. Do dishes
9. Collapse

I don't think I'm going to go to the evening service. I'm not wanting to take a chance on getting sick. I think I need to rest some.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, I'm not feeling any worse but also not feeling any better. So, I'm going to go to bed early (hopefully) tonight. I didn't get all the dishes done, but got everything else done.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well my plan to go to bed early didn't happen. I came wide awake. So of course, since I forgot to set the alarm clock, I overslept. I'm sitting here looking at the radar and am thinking that I want to get to the farm early. We have some rain moving in and I'd really like to get the horses fed B4 it hits. I figure if I get to the farm early, I can leave early. So my list for today:

1. Iron clothes
2. Practice piano
3. Feed animals, bag feed
4. Do some more weeding around my tack shed
5. Straighten up feed area. I'm missing a hay net. I'm hoping it's in there!
6. Sweep tack shed
7. Feed Stormy, take care of chickens and Cindy
8. Work on cleaning living room
9. Work in garden if it's not too wet
10. Feed goats
11. Make and eat dinner
12. Do dishes
13. Work on tree project
14. Collapse

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Well, if I wasn't so beat today, I would have gotten more done, but I did everything on my list! By cleaning up my feed area, I was able to find my hay net. It's so much neater in there. I swept my tack shed. Once I had everything done, I decided I was going to take a nap. Big mistake! I don't know what it was, but something caused my allergies to flare! I couldn't stop sneezing! I had to take some allergy medicine.

Got Stormy fed and while he was eating, I moved the wires in my field to open up the next section. I also got my trash all collected and put in the back of my truck. Once I was done, I went home, ate some pizza and took a nap.

Got some of the living room cleaned up. Would have loved to have gotten more done, but I HAD to have the nap. I felt better for it. I'm pretty sure I have a cold, so figured it was better to take a nap when I was feeling so beat. Dinner was a pot roast and veggies. And, I worked on my tree project a bit.

Now I'm relaxing for a bit B4 I go to bed.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Right now, I'm debating on whether or not I should go back to bed. I'm not blowing my nose as much, but I'm really dragging. We'll see. In the meantime, here's my list for today.

1. Iron clothes-OK, that's already done and I'm now all caught up on my ironing!
2. Practice piano
3. Clean bathroom
4. Go to feed store
5. Feed animals, bag feed
6. Clean around hay shelter and work on getting the framework up.
7. Go to hay auction and if I buy anything, stack it
8. Pick field
9. Feed Stormy, put out hay, take care of Cindy and the chickens. (Sounds almost like it should be a group)
10. Work in garden
11. Feed goats
12. Dishes
13. Go on last motorcycle run for the year w/CMA.
14. Work on tree project
15. Collapse

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Of course, once I wash shirts again, I'll have to do more, but at least for now it's done. As for the rest of my list:

The framework is up for my hay shelter, and I got rid of all the big weeds that were coming up near it! It looks so much better over there.

Didn't get any hay. They didn't have a lot there, so it went for quite a bit. That's OK. I really didn't feel like messing w/it

My dishes are almost 100% caught up! And, I cleaned off the one counter while I was at it. Then I went in the living room, and did some more in there. Bathroom was cleaned B4 I ever left the house this morning.

Got more work done in the garden. By Friday, I think I'll have everything done in there that I can do in there for now!

Only thing I haven't done yet, and I'm planning to do it in a bit is to work on my tree project. I've been having some sizing problems, but might have it all figure out. If I do, I should FINALLY be able to get it finished! Oh, and I also need to collapse.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Worked on my tree project-and it wouldn't save! :he So, I'll try again tonight and see if hubby can look at it and figure out why. He was drunk last night, so there was just no way.

I might just go to the farm a bit later today-it's only in the 30s! It is NOT supposed to be this cold at this time of year.

My list for today:

1. Clean fridge
2. Put out trash and recyclables
3. Make chocolate chip banana bread
4. Wash a load of clothes and hang them out
5. Work on cleaning kitchen-I may get the whole thing done!
6. Practice piano
7. Feed farm animals, bag feed
8. Work on weeding around tack shed
9. Pick field, put out hay
10. Feed Stormy, take care of chickens and Cindy
11. Go to NC (Nature Center)
12. Go to post office
13. Feed goats
14. Make and eat dinner
15. Do dishes
16. Work on tree project
18. Collapse