Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Sounds like a busy day. Are Stormy and Misty named after Marguerite Henry's books? I was so charmed by those books as a child, was so disapointed none of my kids got into horse books.

I find once I sit down towards the end of the day, I'm done! But I can keep going a long time, like the energizer rabbit. Sounds like you can, too!

Tell me, would you describe your personality as a "pleaser" of others? I have found most MD patients to be that type....approval-seeking and determined with a lot of stamina. Is that you? Just curious.
I have a feeling that Stormy was named for MH's books since he's a Chincoteague pony. He came w/the name and since he knew it, we decided not to change it.

As for Misty, she's a flea bitten gray, and I love mornings when there's a chill to the air, not a cloud in the sky, it's still and there's a mist hovering just over the ground and the lake, so, she's Misty Morning. I never knew the name that she was given until much later. (She's a rescue.) Quite honestly, I never even thought of the Misty books until quite some time after I named her.

In a way, I guess you could say that I'm a pleaser of others. I never felt like I measured up to my parents expectations. I carried that over into adulthood. But, w/in the last year or 2, I realized that I WASN'T happy. So, I stopped trying to please others, and instead try to please myself. I'm much happier. And, I do have a lot of stamina, will power, or something. It's the only thing that's kept me going at times.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I know better than to overdo it if I'm tired, but I have so much that needs to get done, and no one willing to help me that now I'm paying for it. I now have a nasty cold. And, when I get one, I REALLY get one! (If anyone knows any good cold remedies, LMK. I tried looking on here this morning b4 I left, but didn't have much luck.)

So today, I basically got nothing done. I went into TSC because I wanted to look at something they sell, wasn't planning on buying anything. I came out w/a new book, Mini Farming. I figure some of the stuff I already know, but there may be some that I don't. But, according to this book, it's possible to raise 85% of your own food on 1/4 acre, plus make $10,000 a year. It even talks some about raising grain-something I've thought about, but didn't think I had the room. I have to go out and take care of the animals now, then I may just go to bed real early tonight, so I don't know that I'll have a chance to really look at the book tonight or not. :/

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Their books and magazines always get me in trouble! But last time I came out with a fleece lined hooded sweatshirt for barn chores.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
TSC is my candy store. There is this one book I am want "Back to The Basics". I looked thru it and it was pretty informational. Deb Im sorry you feel bad.:hit

Denim Deb

Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
What kind of cold do you have? A head cold or a chest cold> ??
Right now, it's a head cold trying to turn into a head and chest cold.

BB, I have Back to Basics, have had it for years! I've often wondered if they've updated anything in it. I think my printing is from 1986.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
miss_thenorth said:

BB, I have Back to Basics, have had it for years! I've often wondered if they've updated anything in it. I think my printing is from 1986.
Is it a pretty good book?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
miss_thenorth said:

Is it a pretty good book?
I think so.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Chest cold remedies
1/4 tsp baking soda in a glass of water two or three times a day.
Vics on the bottom of the feet before bed, put socks on.

And then there's the turnip/brown sugar remedy...

As for sinuses...ugh...I usually just deal with those the best I can with steam to help me out when it gets unbearable. You can put vics around your forehead and nose,,,it helps