Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
OH! I'm sooooooo sorry. That is terrible. :hugs:hugs:hugs

It sounds like you are tougher than you realized, but I'm sorry you had to learn it. The death of an animal like that is so hard to deal with anyways but these circumstances are especially difficult.

Make sure to get yourself some rest, fluids and a way to take your mind of it so the stress does not flare your MD. That is the kind of thing that would flare mine right up....too much stress and worry at once. Pamper yourself and try to think good thoughts about Mason, celebrate the life and forget the death, the brains, etc.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH....after all everyone tried with Mason. Poor thing.

I'm also sorry that your DH feels the need to get drunk in the morning. I drink, but only at night - DH and I call it 'tini time, cus thats what his mother used to have every nite when she got home from her flower shop. But in the morning? Hugs to you dearie....

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh Deb, I am so sorry to read about your tough day. Hubby drunk at 9 am? Thats hard....im so sorry, and will pray he gets help. Poor Mason....poor YOU for haveing to deal with it all. :hugs Make sure you get rested up well..till the season we all tend to overdo it, and get sick.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can I cry now? This week has been horrible. Where I have my horses is not a big fancy barn, but a private owner who has just a few boarders to help defray the costs of her having her horses. Right now, there's 3 others, AM-I haven't seen in a couple of years. She had a baby, and just sends her check in every month. CL-she has 3 horses. Her horses drive me nuts. The one is a jumper and a fence breaker. I think RU should start to charge her for all the additional work she has to do, but she won't. LF-she owns 3 regular sized horses, a mini, and a donkey and her baby. I have my 3, but also care for 6 for RU. (Most are ponies, and one is a mini) I don't give RU any money, instead I buy hay for these horses. It's actually cheaper for me than having just Misty at a regular boarding barn, and it's also cheaper than I'd pay to do self care anyplace else.

Then, there's KN. She used to have a horse, but lost her job. Quite truthfully, KN drives me nuts. LF offered to pay her to care for her horses. This was in addition to what she already pays RU. But, she figured it would make it easier on RU, plus give KN enough money to at least care for her horse. RU would not have charged her anything as long as she paid for her horse's feed and hay and helped around the barn. It would have maybe taken her 10 minutes a day. She turned it down, said she was too busy. KN is still allowed to come over and ride in exchange for helping around the farm, but we are all starting to wonder what she actually does. I'll tell her things that need to be done, but other than feeding "my" horses, I honestly cannot say what she does. The things I tell her that need to be done are never done.

RU left to go away for a few days late Tuesday. Wednesday was when I started to care for the horses, and also when I finally realized that I had a really nasty cold. Thursday, I got to the farm after work, and took a nap for quite some time. Because of that, I didn't leave the farm until late. But, everything was fine when I left. I overslept the next morning, so I didn't get to my barn job until late. But, I wasn't worried. My boss knew I wasn't feeling well, and I knew if I wasn't there by a certain time, she'd just feed the horses-which she did. So, it was late when I got there. The farrier was coming around noon, so I figured I had about enough time to do the stalls w/no problem.

Around 11:15, KN called me all irate wanting to know where I was. The front gate to my field was opened and the horses were out. Plus, 2 of CL's horses were in the round pen. (I don't call her if horses get out, I just round them up and put them away.) I was almost done, so I finished up, and went to the farm. Of course, by then, she had the horses all rounded up. But, in order to do so, she had to herd them into the RP, which meant she had to let the 2 horses already in there into my back field. They were in my front field when I got there quite happily munching on my hay. :/ So, we decided to take them down and put them where they belonged. That's when we noticed the lead rope. It was not a lead rope I had ever seen b4, but it was up by my run-in. We put the horses in the field where they belong and found that gate was open. Then, as we're walking back to my field, we notice a saddle pad in the riding arena. It wasn't there on Thursday. Plus, the mounting block that had been in my back field on Wednesday was now in the riding arena. We called the police. There was no way the horses could have opened either gate, nor was it possible for them to get the saddle pad out. It belongs to LF, and she had had it in her tack shed.

Fast forward to tonight. After the mess w/Mason this morning, I had come home, put a chicken in the oven and fallen asleep. I slept more deeply than I had intended to. The chicken was a bit overcooked, but wasn't bad. I hadn't gotten my shower yet, but figured I'd go feed my animals and get a shower b4 going to church. Around 5:00, I get a call from RU. Her husband had called her. There were horses out. So, that meant instead of going to church, I had to go out to the farm, and catch horses. This time, the back gate was opened to the riding arena. There is a horse in there that kept getting out of everyplace else, as well as a momma donkey and her baby. They were all out. And, one of CL's horses was also out. I managed to get them all caught, and back in the riding arena. CL's other 2 horses where in the field w/ LF's horses, so I put them in the riding arena. I figured if I didn't, they just might tear down a fence to get to the other horse.

I did have a bit of help from the neighbor and her 2 children. And, I let them know what was going on. They will call if they see anyone they don't know. Right now, I'm so tired I could cry. Plus, my cold feels like it may have moved into my chest. I hope this week is better.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well you know when it gets real bad....it HAS to get better cuz it can't get worse! You need some rest!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Sounds like it has been a really miserable day for you. I wish you a good night's rest and hopefully you will feel better really soon.

Just pull the covers over your head and close your eyes. We will pray for you and keep you warm and hugged :hugs

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I did get a good night's sleep-just not long enough, and I do feel better. Hopefully, today will be better.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Thanks, guys. I did get a good night's sleep-just not long enough, and I do feel better. Hopefully, today will be better.
Did you have a good day?