Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
EH lost another person that was doing some barn chores, so that means I'll be cleaning stalls more. Not too happy about that, but not overly sorry to see this person go. I honestly don't know how good a job she actually did. She doesn't really want me on stalls since there's so much to be done and we work well together, but it is what it is. I'll be doing stalls Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week!

Had another lesson today and strapped my ankle B4 I got on. We did well. I can see an improvement It was a bit hard to ride w/my ankle strapped, but I worked thru it.

It's going to rain tomorrow. I had hoped to get more wood done, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Maybe I can drag some of it into the wood shed to keep it dry, then work on it tomorrow afternoon instead.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh - we've had over 6 inches now... grrrr. Glad the wrapping helped your ankle. I live with a wrapped/taped ankle these days. I've learned how to use the K/T tape and I'll be darned if it doesn't help out a bit.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I'm tired. I was out at shortly after 7:00 working on firewood. I was able to get enough done to fill the wood holder in the basement. I also got a ton of scrap pieces of wood picked up and put in my hay stall as well as cleaned stalls.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yes, thank God! It was down for a total of 10 months! I'm now saving up to get a different truck next year.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know it was a big relief to get your rig running. DH's truck has been down for a month and he is driving my car. I've been stuck at home but I'm a homebody anyway.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
If I had the horses in my back yard, it would not have been the problem that it was. Maybe one day.

I can't believe it, but I twisted my ankle yet again! I'm probably going to have to go have it looked at. I'm just going to have to keep it strapped unless all I'm doing is relaxing or sleeping. I was walking when it went out today.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH boy.... that whole ankle thing sounds familiar to me. Yep, keep it wrapped. Hope you don't have any major issue!

Latest posts