Denim Deb Hay, hay, hay. Thank the Lord!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Went and got another load of the wood today and it's all seasoned! Only problem being, w/all the rain we've had lately, it's wet. I have it covered w/a tarp since they're calling for more rain tonight, tomorrow and Monday. But after that, it should dry out. I'm hoping there's enough that's dry enough to fill the wood holder in the basement. I also worked more on what I already had. The good thing is, I have about half a cord in the wood shed-which is the most I've had all winter. The bad thing is, it's too green to burn. But at least I have it for next winter.

For those that pray, please pray for EH. She's sick, and the doctor is afraid she may be getting pneumonia. I may need to go and feed her horses next week since she's not supposed to be going out.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's wonderful about the wood! What a blessing. We used to collect wood constantly and often what we collected would be wet from rain etc, so we'd put a basket of logs near the fire and it'd dry out a treat, sometimes quick enough for burning the same day. You're making me miss my fireplace now! ;)

Sorry to hear about EH's illness. Sending prayers.

How are YOU doing? Beside crazy busy as always.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, seasoned FREE wood is a blessing. Used to use wood to heat but, not now. However, DD does and I help her with all the things that go into it. We were gifted a tree this summer that was cut into chunks and we rolled it onto our trailer, then off & stacked. She's been splitting the big stuff (she bought a splitter this yr!) and the smaller has been dried enough to use with some other she already had. Nice pile for next year. It feels almost as good as looking at a cellar full of jars of canned goods!!:clap

With all the rain this year, trees that are down are still too wet to do much with for a while. Plus, harder to get to & move. I'm hoping to get some more this Spring/early Summer and get it over with before needed in winter.

I know you feel the same!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Talked to EH on my way home from the farm. She sound better, but is still not doing good. So I'm stopping at her farm in the morning to feed and turn out her guys.

Sumi, for the most part I'm doing good. But I've been so busy lately that I'm sore. I need a massage on my neck and shoulders. My fingers have actually been getting numb since I'm so tight in there. Plus, w/all the rain, I'm trudging thru mud. That's a problem for my right leg. I have nerve damage to it from a car accident in 1998. If I overdo it, I can't feel my toes. I can always "feel" that leg from my knee down, but unless it's out of the ordinary, I've learned to live w/it. Horseback riding helps since, when done properly, it's the same movement as walking. I just haven't been able to ride as much as I should.

MH, seeing a full pantry, a full freezer and a full wood shed all feel equally good!

They're calling for more rain tomorrow, so I'll spend most of the day hiding in my tack shed. Not sure what all I'll be doing. I'm making an afghan, so at least part of the time will be spent on that. But, I can't see me doing that all day long.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Hope you're out from under the rain, too, now. So glad to hear from you.
I'm glad you've got some good things going, that always makes everything feel better. Especially something as good as a full wood shed!
:hugs
I'll probably be in Harrisburg again for the expo if you can make it over. I'll be working so no real time to talk, but it would be awesome to meet you in person!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Don't know if I can make it or not. The first weekend of the month is hard for me.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
RU is away and EH is sick. So for now, I'm feeding 20 horses a day, plus giving a horse a 2nd feeding, and giving Stormy a 2nd and 3rd! No wonder I'm tired.

Had a hen go broody about a month ago. This is a hen that I can't break of being broody. I've tried in the past. So I decided to put some eggs in the incubator for her since my hens always fight over the nesting boxes. (Most days, I'm pulling an egg out from under her and at times, I find her in a different box.) If it wasn't going to be so cold, I'd run the eggs out to the farm tonight. I have eggs cheeping. Instead, I'll be taking them out in all probability some time tomorrow. I should have waited a day to put them in the bator. I much prefer taking them on a Sunday.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
My broody decided she didn't want to be broody! I was shocked. I went out to put the eggs under her since they were pipping, and found her off the nest. And, she never went back on. So I now have 3 chicks in my basement.

EH is finally better. Monday was the last day I had to feed for her. Wednesday I was able to have a lesson. RU is still away, so I'm still feeding her horses. And, I'm almost out of feed. So, I'll be going tomorrow to get more.

PT and PM have left the farm. I wish I could.