Dipence71- Picked up whole processed hog!!! Homemade porkyburger mmmm

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well thanks to another 2 inches of rain the work on the pool came to a huge halt......

went to buy my new fridge and while the "kid" was checking n how long it would take to get it in...I wandered over to the clearance section and low and behold I found a scratch and dent 28cu ft 3 door water and ice in door for less than the 25 cu ft he was looking up.

no it wasnt white it was black - but I refuse to be prejudice
no it wasn't exactly what I was looking for - it was bigger and better
and yes it had some buckling on the top of the door - which I didn't notice and ask what was wrong with it lol
Yes it was a $2600ish refrigerator but It was marked down to $1499 (the one the kid was looking up was $1679 and the insurance paid $1669 as replacement cost even though I told them I may get one on sale cheaper they said they had to pay actual replacement of what we had so....they admitted it was stupid but oh well once they wrote the check I could get whatever I wanted. so I actually saved $ which is a good thing as we have a $1000 deductible.

so plan today is clean out van to be sold - done
get fridge moved in and hooked up - done
laundry
hopefully plant stuff

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well while trying to weed another storm moved in and lighting was wicked so me and DD13 Ran back in the house because it was very close. Scared me especially after house being hit a weekish ago and a cow being stuck in the pasture not too far from here. Sooo another day with not accomplishing what I needed to do. Grrrrrr. And still storming this morning. So the garden should b nice and full of puddles again. Crazy weather.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Just pack up the rain and send it here. :)
I would love to. W have had so much rain I can't get anything outside done. The weeds r taking over because I is like a swamp on my garden.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I think I should have planted rice because I have a perfect rice patty area lol. Just no so good for what I have planted.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
6/15/11

Well one doe (meat rabbit breeder) just had 8 kits, one dead on wire, but first time litter so.... woohoooo. 7 live wiggling fur less babies in the nest!!!! We shall see how good a mommy she is. :)

One more meat doe to go within next week....we will see, will be her second litter, first litter all died on wire in a cold snap we had.

And Holland Lopp due in a week or so !!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rain and garden issues. We have had the same here...so, what we did...was dig trenches...raise the rows with what we dug out, and planted everything on the hilled rows! Then we took the bedding from the barn, and filled in the "ditches" gave me something to walk on. Hope you get your garden in soon. And the pool! Jeesh, that would be nice...a pool...for those times when I have nothing to do. HAHAHAHAHHA! Ok, back to reality....I would actually like to have a hot tub, for soothing those tired muscles at the end of the day.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
dipence71 said:
6/15/11

Well one doe (meat rabbit breeder) just had 8 kits, one dead on wire, but first time litter so.... woohoooo. 7 live wiggling fur less babies in the nest!!!! We shall see how good a mommy she is. :)

OOPS evidentally we miscounted because checking tonight and found one dead but still have 7 living wigglers.

One more meat doe to go within next week....we will see, will be her second litter, first litter all died on wire in a cold snap we had.

And Holland Lopp due in a week or so !!!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
ok head count today there are 6 in first litter and 5 still in 2cd litter

Litter #2 of 5 kits
1535_litter_2_2011.jpg

Litter #1 of 6? 2 runts?
1535_getattachmentaspx.jpg

Runt difference in size
1535_img_1005.jpg

Latest posts