Dipence71- Picked up whole processed hog!!! Homemade porkyburger mmmm

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Thanks
I am now covered in rabbit scratches thanks to my does as I took mom out and let the 2 "runts" nurse by them selves. Only minor issues such as doe flipped and tossed babies
And a chicken grabbed one and took off but we got it back no real visible damage but we shall see. These poor babies I tell ya.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well we haven't been able to use water since Saturday. Due to flooding. And are on boil order and water restriction. No laundry dishes showers ect. But excuse me while I take a shower because I work very close to the public and my arm pits are always in someones face area ( hair stylist). Limited but yes I showered. Can't work outside because it is STILL raining. Grrrrrr.

Good news the Lop doe had 2 kits one on wire dead. One in nest box wiggling and alive. Time will tell if it will survive. The last one died within a week. She gets one more chance them I will have to decide what to do with her because she has had A false preg. Then 3 kits two were not formed correctly and were dead on wire the other kit lived approximate 5 days and it died. So if this is her pattern she is not a good breeding doe and that is why I bought her and her buck. They r holland lops and are my dd13. And she has been waiting forever for a kit from her fir her 4h project. And a pet.
The doe was suppose to b a proven breeder bit so far not good.
:he

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
Well I cannot keep doing this with my mom. She has alzhiemers and every time I talk tobher it is a grip session with me as the target I know it is not her fault but that does not make it hurt less. Today it was about dads truck that she sold before my youngest dd was even thought of and she is 13. then it moves to her bank accounts and why dowant she have any money Well it is because the nursing home gets it all. No no thar is not right you (meaning me) must have spent all of her and dads savings. Dad has been gone since 2003. Where is her house and car and ...... Well I think u get the picture.

Every time I talk to her I get soooo depressed and I just want to give up. But I will get over it eventually.
She started getting and at 70 ish. And I am my mothers daughter and am like her in every way including medical issues. That I am 40 and that means I only have 30 ish good years left. Over half my life ( mentally) is over. I will never let my daughters go through what I have had to deal with. Whatever it takes. It is a pain so deep it cannot be described.

I feel horrible because I don't want ro talk to her or go see her. It makes me feel horrible to say that or feel that. But not as bad as when I do talk to her and have tp listen to how horrible I am because I stole her stuff an her money ( which I have not. The nursing home gets all her money ) she has no stuff because well she lives in the nursing home.

End of rant for now. :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Just because your mom has this doesn't mean that you will get it. :hugs Is she on any kind of medication for it? I don't have any experience w/this, but I seem to recall either reading or hearing that there are meds that can help.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
We have tried umpteen meds for her and dr continues to try different things. She is well care for.

She is not who I am worried about right now. It is me and my emotional well being right at this moment which is on major overload. That affects how I continue through this jungle of struggle and try to do what I need to do. For me, my children and husband, garden, chickens, rabbits, working FT and having these emotional explosions that seem to overwhelm me from time to time.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I worked in a nursing home for years. I wish I could tell you something to help. All I can tell you is that it is the disease talking and not her. It is a horrible disease. All you can do now is love her anyway, even if it is from a distance. Don't feel bad about not wanting to be with her. She is being taken care of, so you need to do what is best for you right now. I have read to stay away from aluminum since altheimers has been linked to excessive aluminum buildup in the brain. I don't remember where I read that, but I will try to find the link.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I worked in a nursing home for years. I wish I could tell you something to help. All I can tell you is that it is the disease talking and not her. It is a horrible disease. All you can do now is love her anyway, even if it is from a distance. Don't feel bad about not wanting to be with her. She is being taken care of, so you need to do what is best for you right now. I have read to stay away from aluminum since altheimers has been linked to excessive aluminum buildup in the brain. I don't remember where I read that, but I will try to find the link.
Thank you.

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
God is good.
I went outside feeling horrible and my 13yo dd says "mom we have a baby turtle in the "pool/pond" My first reaction was I am not in the mood for this. But I stopped myself and said "ok lets go look." So we sat there and talked about the turtle we found and put in there and then the baby turtle popped up and we saw it. Then we watched the dogs playing in it and all the frogs and tad poles.

explanation of pool/pond - it is an above ground pool we sunk in the ground but the tornado tore it up a few yrs ago and we are tying to get in back up but mother nature keeps filling it so it looks like s baby pond with frogs turtles and more.

Latest posts