Disturbing & Spreading New Trend....

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hollywood Blvd in L.A. latest scene of flash mob violence.Police estimate over 1000 descended on invitation only Chinese theater for EDM (eletronic dance music) screening. Angry persons took to rioting in the streets, roiters burned police car and pelted store and police with rocks and bottles.Some famous EDM performer apparently texted his followers,invited them to the scene,where they were rebuffed and refused entry, the rest is history.

Lady Henevere

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just read that on the news. The DJ tweeted that it was a block party when in fact it was a movie screening. It was a dumb move with a predictable result.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Actual numbers:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/08/us-nrf-crime-idUSTRE7570PV20110608

Unfortunately, flash-rob events are lumped in with all "organized crime" thefts.

Interestingly, wanting everything to be cheaper is part of the problem.

I'm starting to think that the plice can no longer afford to be ignorant of the interwebs. If 20 teens are going to run into a liquor store and steal something, the first few being arrested and taken to jail will probably put an end to it.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
R2D2 said:
Hollywood Blvd in L.A. latest scene of flash mob violence.Police estimate over 1000 descended on invitation only Chinese theater for EDM (eletronic dance music) screening. Angry persons took to rioting in the streets, roiters burned police car and pelted store and police with rocks and bottles.Some famous EDM performer apparently texted his followers,invited them to the scene,where they were rebuffed and refused entry, the rest is history.
Please post a link. Seriously. We're all reading this on the interwebs and we all want to see it first hand. Now I'm stuck guessing.

This article

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2011/07/electric_daisy_carnival_film_p.html

if it's what you're referring to, does not really qualify as the kind of flash-mob violence that's been disucssed so far. It was just an overcrowed theater and a riot. Yes, people had cell phones, but it wasn't a targeted premeditated crime. If you want to avoid this sort of thing, you'll have to do without sports and other events for which people gather.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
K15n1,the article i read was posted yesterday on NBC news, a link was not provided.I didn't see that article this morning...

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The problem isn't just the DJ. All those spoiled me types that showed up, didn't get what they thought they deserved, cried foul and then behaved badly. Shame on every one of them. The DJ was a fool making a dumb, not thought out mistake; the rioters are low life jail bait. No excuse for what they did.

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Some have suggested the police can handle this problem and some call it a passing fade.Think again folks.Police have admitted in US cities they have been caught off guard, and this has proven not to be a passing fade.For that someone who made such a big deal about providing a link, find below...In my book, flash mob violence is the same as a riot, but on a kinda passive scale.With riots in past USA history ,looting was common place. Now with the help of Twitter and Facebook, new age rioting, by mostly poor youth, has been reformed. Oh, to be sure,people are still being beaten and hurt, but it's different than the car /business burning riots of the sixty and even Rod_y Ki_g riots in L.A.Flash mobs are designed to steal fast before the cops even know whats happening, by shear numbers and speed. And yes, they will hurt you if you get in the way..This is new age rioting and violent protest by the poor masses.It is what you are seeing in England now....poor,futureless, young...mostly people of color. We can almost fully expect the same to come to America more frequently as we quickly decline economicially.Most will be caught of gaurd and shocked.This mob flashing has been going on now for about two years.It started as an innocent mob gathering that usaully danced and had fun, now it has turned to ugly violent evil.. Links....

www.larouchepac.com/node/18599-31k

http://www.youtude.com/watch?v=hOYq6pBEMOg

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just saw something on the news yesterday that the mayor of Philadelphia and his police department have issued a warning to these would-be youth flash mobs. They think they have devised a way to curb the flash mobs and have implemented very restrictive curfews with stiff penalties. Evidently the flash riots and robberies are a big problem there with the inner city youth. But they are also focusing on suburbia and the rural areas, too.