Do you ever feel like giving up...but didn't? New strength to go on...

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I agree with Farmer, so much to do and so little time. I swear, i dont know HOW those old timers did it. We have gone soft I think. BUT, at least we are all still here, kicking and screaming! :lol: Im sure none of us will give up, heck, I know I cant afford to give up now. Some days I would love to just go to the store and "stock up" But then I think..with what money!? LOL I Dont know how you ladies with outside jobs do this lifestyle. I dont work outside the home, however....my work never stops around here. Some days I wish I had a nice little bank job, clean pretty clothes, sitting in ac all day, and chatting with customers. :/ Other days...im just as content to sit with a chicken on my lap, barefoot, under a willow tree...shareing the days events over a jar of iced tea. ;) Just think how hard this will be for other folks to do, when they have NO PRACTICE! We are gearing up for the " real world" and all of us will have our flow going. :D The hardest thing to remember is....take a break...sit in the shade, and look around at all you have accomplished! Scan over what needs to be done...and dont give it another thought...for at least a few hours. Enjoy life....be thankfull...and sing!! " Just what makes that little old ant....think he can move a rubber tree plant...everyone knows an ant can't...move a rubber tree plant, but hes got HIGH HOPES! hes got HIGH HOPES, hes got high apple pie in the sky hopes...so when your feeling blue...you know what to do....just remember the ant...Ooops there goes another rubber tree plant!!! :D

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Do I? Aren't I human? Aren't you?
Oh yeah!

It really must be going around. I always have a hard time getting out of Hot Springs, AR when we visit in-laws. Well, this time I got completely confused, DH was playing a handheld game, the kids were asleep, and I left the atlas at home. I swear Hot Springs is trying to keep me!!!

Anyways, we left late cause DH wasn't feeling well, and wanted to take a nap, then of course we had to visit with the family we didn't stay with so nobody would feel left out. All that plus getting lost just snapped my nerves. I cried, I bawled, I refused to drive any further. Then DH took over, bought a new map, got us straightened out and halfway home. By that time I was feeling better, but still inadequate because I've gotten lost the past 7 times we've left Hot Springs. I get there fine, its getting out thats the problem! :lol:

And then I see that everyone else is going through their own hard times, and mine seem so paltry in comparison. Makes me feel both better and worse. How could I feel so bad over such a small thing? The only reason I was anxious to get home was the girls (chicks) and I have to work today. That means I have chickens, and a job. Stuff to be thankful for!

Bee, I hope you are feeling better.
PamsPride, I'm so sorry to hear about your financial straits. Keep focused, and be glad you have that food stored up. What shape would you be in if you didn't have it?
Life seems so much more complicated when you are trying to live a simple life. Life simply isn't simple, no matter what style you live in. Let's all take a moment to have something sweet, salty, crunchy or alcoholic, depending on our preferences. Recharge those batteries guys & gals, we'll feel so much better for it!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hey Pam...Just want to let you know that I have been there girl and it will get better.

My Dh had a thriving business that began to slowly decline, so we trimmed back, let people go, moved to a smaller facility, outsourced, let more people go, eventually we moved it into our home where it had started 8-9 yrs earlier. Business literally dried up and this was our only source of income. Unfortunatley we were focused on keeping it a float thinking for the first year of the slowdown that it was just an unusual cylce but that things would pick up. It died a rather sudden death over a 6 month period and we lost everything including our home of nearly 10 yrs.

Fast forward almost a year and we are in a nice rental, that we may have an opportunity to buy, DH has a job that has some issues but overall has saved us and he is being presented opportunities that he would never have had time for had our business continued.

Don't do what I did and stay silent, let your friends and family know that you are going thru a hard time. People will step up if they kow that help is needed.

Have hope sweetie, you may not see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is there...you just have to keep pushing forward. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that others feel the same....but refuse to quit! Same as me. Its got too many good sides to it to give up over the bad things. This lifestyle is so much more gratifying than the "other" and I usually feel much more at peace than those around me because of it.

I could never go back there! I also feel glad that it doesn't make me a wimp when I get to feeling hopeless, because others feel that way too. What was that old saying.....courage is not the lack of fear, but the fortitude to perservere despite your fears. Of course, I'm paraphrasing quite a bit, but you get the drift! :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
What was that old saying.....courage is not the lack of fear, but the fortitude to perservere despite your fears. Of course, I'm paraphrasing quite a bit, but you get the drift! :lol:
My fave is:

' A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. ' Eleanor Roosevelt

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
My fave is:

' A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water. ' Eleanor Roosevelt
Oooo, I love that! I'm so making that into a sign for my yard!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like that one also! Someone on here has a sig line that describes me to a T.....

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says, "Darn it! She's awake!"

Or something like that! :lol: My kids saw it and said, "Mom! Its you!" :lol:

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ooooh, thats a good one, Bee. I can't remember the exact quote either, but I know what you're talking about.
Your's too, Dace.

Here's my favorite:
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Mahatma Gandhi