Do you ever feel like giving up...but didn't? New strength to go on...

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm probably about 2 hours from Bee. I could take a road trip :cool:

Inchy

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Quail.....swing by and pick me up as well....or...I can meet ya's part way! Oh, what a hoot THAT would be for us all to drop in in Bee! Get yer gloves ladies...and yer work clothes...Bee said her garden needs workin! ;)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
How fun! You should all go! Just think . . . Bee's neighbors would have something to talk about for months! :lol:

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh,,, Yes Yes :clap Go for the Road trip :celebrate Go girls go :ya That would be just ssoooo very Coool :weee Please take Pics too, Sure wish I could Come :( :idunno just too far for me :hu Darn It I would love a road trip and to visit an SS family member. :hugs

Well Maybe one of these days some of you's closer to us can come and help us with our Straw Bale house building.. :rolleyes: well Just a thought :)

:frow Karan :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Awww . . . sniff. . . sniff . . . can we all have a group hug? :hugs

We could meet up and have a retreat for a SS week. For me, that would be a wonderful "hands on" vacation.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Do ya'll seriously want to?

I mean, I'm all for it! I can't do it real soon, would have to give Ernie some recuperation before I just drove across the river :p

But yea, justusnak, you'd probably have to meet up and ride on over towards this side of Ohio, and we'd have to meet up around Marietta Ohio I think and head over to Bee's from that way.

Just make sure we have a cattle trailer to haul Shade back with! :gig

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Aaaack :barnie trying to figure this out .... Ok where is that map that we had on a thread pinning out where we all live???? There has to be some place some of us can meet as a group some where :idunno

I would love too.......

But don't think I could for sometime...... :hit

Tooo much tying me down here :he Dang It !!!

Btu if some of ya's can oh please let us know so we can get some of the low down and photos :clap :clap Please :clap

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok I Found it on the thread North or South in Here I am where are you?

noobiechickenlady said:
unclejoe said:
OK Amos, since you have too much time on your hands, maybe you can do something I haven't been able to figure out. Since we have over 1000 members, as 2 dream said, " It's going to be a full map before long". I was trying to break it down into 6 regions but the quality of the map degraded to the point where you couldn't read it. I went out and got a map of the northeast but could only get one in PDF and couldn't open it in paint to be able to edit it. Any ideas?
I think I got this one uncle joe. I've been playing with Google Maps. Check it out. Its not complete, but its coming along.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...=40.647304,-96.943359&spn=29.433537,56.25&z=4

Now, I have too much time on hands, Amos! :lol:
According to the map it would be a good full days straight drive for me. :th
Won't help me or some others but still gives a good idea where everyone is . noobiechickenlady put it together.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You guys are a hoot! :gig

And, yes, Karan, I would simply LOVE to work on your haybale house! That has been a dream of mine for many a year. I know it will never be a reality in this lifetime but I would think it a grand adventure to load up a group of gals and get into helping on a project like that. What a grand experience! We could take a photo album approach to your project and document each day of the build. Did you know there are whole groups of folks who go from place to place building haybale/cob homes?

One day....... :drool

Hey, Aly....going to put that milk cow and her calf up for sale. You interested in a cow/calf pair and bred back? :D