Do your SS plans include secret rooms?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I'm not worried about a secret room. If and when it ever gets to that point,there will be lots of dead bodies scattered about the property. I look at it this way: If things truly do get that bad, then all bets are off. There will be no sharing of provisions unless it is family, or they ASK. Someone wants to TAKE my stuff and/or hurt my family, I will go down in a blaze of glory before I lay down and let them steal it from me. I hate thieves but I will give you the shirt off my back if you ask.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
I dunno, has Rob got the flooding problem fixed yet? :p
Well played Pat... I see you've been paying attention!

I guess you're onto my plot to trap any potential thieves in my basement that is "full of goodies" only to have the rats drown in the subsequent flooding!

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/basement-waterproofing.php

:D

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I grew up in a house that had a sliding bookcase. It was in my brothers' room and scared them at night because they worried that someone was behind it.
We had a milk chute for the daily milk bottle delivery that we could crawl into the garage, or out. There was a secret space under the stairs from the laundry to the garage which was just an odd building quirk. That was an interesting house.

My aunt had a laundry chute that was a bathroom cabinet without a bottom where clothes would drop into a large laundry basket in the basement. We explored that a few times!

A family friend bought a mansion that had a secret spiral staircase in the den and a silent alarm elsewhere in the house to tell him to use it.

I visited another mansion that had a hidden spiral stairs to the wine cellar, a hidden elevator to the upstairs bedroom, and a hidden bar all in the den.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Someone wants to TAKE my stuff and/or hurt my family, I will go down in a blaze of glory before I lay down and let them steal it from me. I hate thieves but I will give you the shirt off my back if you ask
:thumbsup

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Nifty said:
patandchickens said:
I dunno, has Rob got the flooding problem fixed yet? :p
Well played Pat... I see you've been paying attention!

I guess you're onto my plot to trap any potential thieves in my basement that is "full of goodies" only to have the rats drown in the subsequent flooding!
Well, some people say that shortages of potable water will be the *real* cause of the collapse of civilization and that water will become more valuable than gold someday... so you could think of it as a seasonal water mine ;)

Pat, with a seasonal water mine too, but fortunately some sumps and ditches and so forth to limit its richness LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The only thing I have a super-duper hiding place for is my guns and ammo. If I can retain these I don't have to worry about hiding anything else! ;)

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
andehens said:
I know you guys are jesting, but I too have wondered about the mortgage thing, if we are in total collapse and assuming I'm far enough away from the big cities that they will run out of gas before they (the zombies) get here, what happens? the government army takes the houses and land from people?
we all just go to Robs basement I guess...........

:hide
You can come to my house too,

if you can get past the bunkers and booby traps. :gig

No, I don't have bumpers and booby traps. My hope is that it doesn't come to that.

andehens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
andehens said:
I know you guys are jesting, but I too have wondered about the mortgage thing, if we are in total collapse and assuming I'm far enough away from the big cities that they will run out of gas before they (the zombies) get here, what happens? the government army takes the houses and land from people?
we all just go to Robs basement I guess...........
:hide
You can come to my house too,
if you can get past the bunkers and booby traps. :gig
No, I don't have bumpers and booby traps. My hope is that it doesn't come to that.
Thanks, I'll start out now before you can get set up! :lol:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No secret rooms here. We have a basement and keep most of our food supplies down there. Its cool..and a great place for storage. Like most others people....I just need to stock up on protection type implements. ;) Bodies!?? what bodies?? They dont float in the pond with a cinder block weight and is good "fish food" LOL

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Bodies also make good 'gator bait, dog food if need be, and can also come in handy in the HOV lanes. :D:D:D

Latest posts