doc_gonzo's man cave

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'd better not show these to my hubby, he'd be so jealous!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
i just put a new os on both lil mama's and my computers. i havent had a chance to get pix and music and e-books off the backup hard drive yet.... soon come mon.

doc
Doc's "better half" here! :D

One of the many reasons that I'm such a keeper is that I do have some pix stashed on photobucket! ;)

Our '99 Sporty:

PA044182.jpg

Smoke guarding the humidor:

603_014.jpg

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ahhh,

a keeper for sure:D thanks dahlin
and thanks deb and moxie.
we use the 40 count on top for infused and flavoured sticks and the 400 count chest for my more traditional cigars.

cheers

doc

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
gaaaaahhhhh,

it kills me sometimes to wait for these shipments, habanos i need habanos the cohibas and monticrstos already in the humi don't count, i need the bolivars, dammit. c'mon moxie i know u undrstand. whats worse is that's once therre here, they still have to have a 3 wk rest in the humi\i before they're smokeable those darn swiss keep them wayyy to high on the humidity, but oh well,we do what we have to do.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
gaaaaahhhhh,

it kills me sometimes to wait for these shipments, habanos i need habanos the cohibas and monticrstos already in the humi don't count, i need the bolivars, dammit. c'mon moxie i know u undrstand. whats worse is that's once therre here, they still have to have a 3 wk rest in the humi\i before they're smokeable those darn swiss keep them wayyy to high on the humidity, but oh well,we do what we have to do.
Oh, I don't smoke very often. About as much as I drink. That's maybe....every 2 or 3 years. I had just found that a good see-gar goes well with some nice smooth alchohol.

I found out, a long time ago...that I have a very high tolerance for meds etc.....takes quite a bit of the strong stuff to even get a mild buzz. And that is gone in a poof. Just this past Nov, when I went to the ER for a kidney stone......they gave me an intramuscular injection of Dilauded. It wore off in 1 hour. DH said, when he got one..a few years back...he was goofy for the whole 6 hours.

So, anyways.....I'll just sit back and read and watch. I like "man caves" ..... :pop :bun

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wooohooo!!!!

the boli's finaly arrived. 3 wks my butt, i didn't give em 3 days in the humi, i did a gentle squeeze test.... passed, cut the end cap and gave it a draw test....yowwwza, fire that bugger up!!! now normally i would have paired this gar with my favorite caribian rum, Kracken, a black spiced rum, but.... lil mama finished off the beast last night aparently, so an amber "black heart" rum will have to do. probably more appropriat since "isom" (island south of miami) does not produce a "black rum". omg the bolivar junior corona is amazing, for a small, short smoke, i am BLOWN AWAY. for the money ($4.00+ a stick)this is an incredible value, lawd, lawd, lawd i cant wait to taste the belicoso in the spring, 30 minutes of joy transportded into an hour of bliss.

moxie,

lawd, you make me feel like a lush, i smoke 1or 2 cigars a day plus the appropriat,coffee or liquor, or beer to go along with. once every couple of yrs,wow,thats almost like, why bother. i understand special ocasions, but i'm a beaste, carpe diam, i suck up every moment and every gar i can. not dishing at al........just sayin
chers

doc

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
moxie,

lawd, you make me feel like a lush, i smoke 1or 2 cigars a day plus the appropriat,coffee or liquor, or beer to go along with. once every couple of yrs,wow,thats almost like, why bother. i understand special ocasions, but i'm a beaste, carpe diam, i suck up every moment and every gar i can. not dishing at al........just sayin
chers

doc
I don't "do" special occasions either. Just, once in a blue moon, I might desire a sip of alchohol. Considering I don't get the buzz everyone else is after. I didn't really drink ..ever..till my first b/f after my divorce. He was a Nam vet, marine SAR yada...yada..and so forth. He drank when he got home, then just had to go bar hopping at 10:30 every night. To the worst dives in the region. I took up vodka and a seegar......kept the men at bay. B/F insisted I dress sexy, and all I ended up with was getting hit on all night long. The biker bars, the hole-in-the-wall dives. Stripper clubs. So....when the guys asked me what I was drinkin'...I say "vodka & 151 proof rum, mixed, room temp". Then, I swig me some. They pretty much left me alone after a while. Not that the alchohol affected me anyways. It took 1/5th vodka..for me...9 double shots alchohol...no chasers....to get me drunk. I don't pass out. Don't get a hangover. Never had a hangover for that matter.

So, the buzz/fun everyone speaks of.....just never happens to me. The seegar does taste good though. I grew up in the city, in the 60's.....and all the men smoked a pipe. Distinguished gentlemen. Kansas City MO in the 60's....Plaza neighborhood, was a very classy place. They had a lounge there, no bars. The bars were up a ways, in Westport.

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
moxie,

i prefer my liquor neat as well. i'd be bummed if i had your tolerance though. obviously from all the spelling errors in my last post, i dont suffer from that afliction:lol: 10 or 15 yrs ago i was the road manager for a blues band so i can totally relate to your adversion to dive bars. lots of fond memories but glad they are now just memories. dealing with 3 "rock star" ego's, equipment issues, club owners, and groupies (all the band members and crew were happily married) was a harrowing chalenge. although it was a lot of fun more often than not. loved the "rock star" life style awsome restaurants, great vip lounges, and opulent recording studios, dawn and i lead a much more mellow life style now, love our little slice of the ozarks.

cheers

doc