doc_gonzo's man cave

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't dump it but my boots sure took a beating. I've had these same pair of boots since 1979 and they fit me like a glove. No way I would trade them for new made in China boots, they don't make boots like this anymore. Theyve been re-soled 5 times. But now I have to take them into my cobbler and have new heals put on. Stupid doe tried to kill me.

What you see on my right heal is road rash or should I say road gash. Not to state the obvious... but if you ride PLEASE suit up in some good quality leathers - you never know when a doe might make you head for the ditch.

IMG_20171010_223603104.jpg

IMG_20171010_223631522.jpg

IMG_20171010_223734069.jpg

IMG_20171010_223654962.jpg

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
What you see on my right heal is road rash or should I say road gash. Not to state the obvious... but if you ride PLEASE suit up in some good quality leathers - you never know when a doe might make you head for the ditch.
Couldn't agree more! When I was riding still, I was a bit shocked at the price of leathers and helmets, but said if you have to put a price on your life and safety…

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Crealcritter, thankfully you had good leather to protect you against a doe.
How much damage to your bike?
I guess the animals don't realize they have to be cautious of bikes.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In 2014, DH survived an assassination attempt by a rogue ninja deer while test driving a Honda 360 he was working on. It was the first time in 40 years of riding that he went out without wearing long sleeves, pants and boots. He was wearing a Tshirt, shorts and slip on shoes-- thank God he was wearing his full face helmet because looking at the face plate I think he might have lost an eye. They found him unconscious in the ditch, and the only way they knew what happened was there were some deer hairs stuck to the front of the bike. His right wrist never healed right, and the left shoulder gives him a lot of pain as well- they retired him early because of it. I still remember weeks of daily cleaning of his road rash (one heel looked like it had been carved by a deli meat slicer).

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, Britesea, that sounds horrible and rotten bad luck that it had to be that one day…

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In honor of Barred Buff’s return to SS — plus the kinda late arrival of spring here on our place — I’m bumping the man cave thread. My own shop situation is depicted on the first page of this thread — except that now, it’s quite a bit better organized (and may be tidier, if I’ve finished a couple recent projects).

I thought I’d bump by presenting a real interesting Youtube vid this guy made about the “container” shop he designed and built for himself (with a little work space for his son). It’s got some uber-nifty features, that’s for sure.

CrealCritter… I wasn’t able to coax you into showing your shop before. You said it was too sawdusty (as if anybody here is hincty or squeamish about that). But I welcome you again.