Does anyone here have or know about MS

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am waiting on an appointment for a spinal tap. I have already done blood work, electrical impulse test, and an mri. The symptoms fit what I am dealing with so we shall see what the doctors come up with.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My oldest son has one of the more aggressive forms of MS. He will be 38 in a couple of months. He was diagnosed about 10 years ago and has been using a walker for about 5 years now. There are many forms of MS. Hopefully, if it is MS you have one of the milder types.
Good Luck and may your diagnoses be a good one. :hugs

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hubby's BIL, JD, has it and as soon as he was diagnosed, he figured his life was over and went and sat in a chair and spent his whole day watching TV. That was the WORST thing he could have done. He's now a complete invalid. If he had stayed active, he would have been better off.

My late SIL's sister, TF, has it, and stayed active. Last I saw her, she was still able to walk w/a walker. She had been working, but may have stopped now because it was getting to be too much for her.

I've often wondered w/both of them if it could be diet related, or for JD, if it could be related to pesticide usage. He was a farmer, and the only protection he used when spraying his fields was a paper mask.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know way too many people who have been diagnosed over the past 10 years or so. :(

One friend cannot walk/drive anymore and is fairly confined to home because of her lack of mobility. She has a good support network, but I know she feels isolated because she can't do for herself what she used to do. Another was only diagnosed about 5 years ago but has recently been experiencing much more pain and difficulty walking. She is a total health nut, into organic and "clean" eating, very active etc.

I hope and pray that whatever your diagnosis, that either it is something else and can be dealt with, or on the milder side :hugs

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, :hugs
I ask because all the info I have found is rather vague about what to expect. I just pray they are wrong.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Depends on what kind you might have. My sister has polymyositis. It is one of the rare forms and not much research is done on it because so few people have it. She has had it for several years and has had a rough time. She finally found a decent doctor and is doing much better. She is not an invalid, but knows her limitations.

A diagnosis is not a death sentence, nor is it the end of the world. It might change your world, but life goes on with or without you. So make sure you don't miss out on life by sitting in the corner feeling sorry for yourself. Kick, scream and have your pity party, then get up, dust off the seat of your pants and get on with life. :hugs

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I just tried finding some info that I saw not too long about about a woman that after 9 years of very debilitating MS reversed it through her diet. I know that I saw the information on Dr. Mercola's website, but I can't find it now. Maybe you'll have better luck.
Best of luck with your journey.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
baymule said:
A diagnosis is not a death sentence, nor is it the end of the world. It might change your world, but life goes on with or without you. So make sure you don't miss out on life by sitting in the corner feeling sorry for yourself. Kick, scream and have your pity party, then get up, dust off the seat of your pants and get on with life. :hugs
We need a like button! :thumbsup

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I just watched a documentary Under Our Skin in which MS is linked with Lyme disease. I'm so sorry for those of you who have suffered with MS!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had my spinal tap this morning. It wasn't bad, the bad part has been the forced rest when I have so many things to get done for daughters b-day tomorrow. Now I wait for the results. They say it could be as long as 2 weeks.

Latest posts