Dogs and the stuff they destroy

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
chicknwhisperer said:
You ain't kiddin' . New home here I come is what that dog would have been saying. Thats to much to replace for me anyway.
LOL, bear in mind this was bachelor furniture and it was probably an act of mercy that the dog put it out of its misery!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
WOW that poor dog's first owners...wow....and that's all I'm saying :duc

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
WOW that poor dog's first owners...wow....and that's all I'm saying :duc
Uh huh. They had the nerve years later to ask the neighbors who gave DH the dog where he was because they wanted a dog. Grrrrr.

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Oh my gosh! Mine eat chicken poo. They even try to get it through the fence when the birds have pooped right next to it. I can't believe my dog ate cayene pepper of the top of the dog house. He turned the vent open and licked off almost all the pepper on it. GRR I hope he is pooping fire! :thun

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have a Choc. Lab. He stays inside with us when we are home. Outside when we are gone. Leave that dog in the house alone and you would come home to toothpicks. Some things that worked for us.
First we got tired of buying or building dog houses.
So we made a leanto shelter attached to another building and put a wooden pallet down for him to lay on under the shed. Wooden pallets are easier to come by than dog houses.
I went to the pet store and bought a KONG toy. Filled it with peanut butter. He spent so many hours chewing on that thing trying to get the peanutbutter out he almost forgot to chew anything else. Kong chew toys are almost indestructable. LOL I also made sure he had at least one tree limb to chew on. Eventually he out grew the "chew everything" stage but still loves his peanutbutter filled toy and the occasional tree limb.

Edited to add: We have a doberman at work. He chewed the bumper off of a truck and a jeep. (The plastic parts). He also eats aluminum, rocks and any thing else laying around. The kong toy did not work for him. He has been to the vet so many times because his stomach was full of rocks. They said that some dogs do that and there is no breaking them. We were hoping he would out grow it but at two he is not much better.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I used to have a boxer/shephard mix. She was my very first dog. Got her when I was 15. When DH and I were dating, she ate the bra off his camaro convertible :gig

Was his own fault.....he parked too close to her area....:lol:

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have two black labs and the youngest one is the real trouble maker outside. Now he has my thrre year old lab doing the same stuff. I thought the older oone was supposed to teach the other one. But then again my youngest was breed from great hunting stock and comes by alot of his stuff naturally. Including the chewing. He used to escape the dog kennel all the time. Luckily our yard is also fenced in. His mother is the same way. Except that she opens the doors and lets the other dogs out lol.

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My dogs have pretty much outgrown the chewing thing, but now they dig... in our brand new sod. We are still trying to figure out what to do about it. Right now, we pretty much can't let them be out in the yard alone, major pain in the patootie.

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mine don't dig but when they run they leave divits like horses and I can't keep grass in the yard but I don't want to keep them locked up all the time either. They gallop just like gosh darn horses to lol. I have no idea what to do about the grass.