Dogs and the stuff they destroy

chicknwhisperer

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I did do that before but I have to seperate the two of them because my oldest one gets very possesive and steals all the bones. He is ok with everything else though.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I just read down this thread,and being a dog owner/trainer my whole life,I will give you folks a little advice.

If your dog is a puppy and is chewing , during the teething stage, get some cheap washcloths,wet them,twist them and stick them in the freezer on a cookie sheet. Give him one to chew until it starts to thaw,take it away and give him another. Rinse and repeat until grown. DO NOT LEAVE HIM UNATTENDED WITH ONE!! Only give them when you can WATCH HIM!

If your dog lives inside with you, crate him. It is THE most important tool you can have for housebreaking a pup or a dog.

This the big one to remember. A TIRED PUPPY IS A GOOD PUPPY!!
Same thing goes for an adult dog that is showing any kind of obsessive behavior. HE IS BORED! If you can't leave him alone without him eating you out of house and home,crate him,but remember, HE IS BORED! Give him a job, like running with you,or playing fetch for an hour. WEAR HIM OUT!! A TIRED PUPPY IS A GOOD PUPPY!!

The main thing with dog obedience training is to BE CONSISTENT. Don't change commands halfway thru your training, and DON'T CHANGE THE RULES for him! If you don't want him to eat people food from the table, then don't suddenly start feeding him from the table and then expect him to stop begging the next week!!

To me, re-homing a dog is admitting you suck as a trainer. We just added a third pup to our pack, and she is a rescue. Within two days of being here with us,she had fit in perfectly and hasn't had the first accident yet. She is only a year old and has been with us about 6 months now.
Let me introduce,Ginger Snap
249558202.jpg

Gracie Sue...
249558161.jpg

and Shirley Ann!
349514469.jpg

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your dogs are beautiful.

We adopted/rescued a german shepherd mix from a local animal shelter in November - she's about 3 1/2 mos old now. I look at it kind of like you would a kid - same principle - be consistent and diligent with the rules and spend up plenty of play time with them. Just like all kids have different personalities I think so do dogs and you have to figure out what works best for each. So far she has been a really good puppy - except the ocassional day that she can't seem to remember to go potty outside - thankfully those are very few and she is still a baby :)