Don't You Hate it When?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am an idiot and took 3 beautiful steaks out of the freezer in the garage, and left them on top of the freezer...all day!

Needless to say, the dogs ate wonderful.

UGH----I just hate myself when I do something just stupid like this.

Sometimes ya can't win..HA HA

Anyone else do the "stupid" thing that just makes them insane, like this did me?--LOL

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I use the bread machine about once every 4-5 days, all year 'round. About three or four times a year, I forget to put the yeast in. That's three or four times EVERY year, for the past 5+ years. I don't know what my problem is. You would think I would at least be getting gradually better about it.

:p

Pat

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I burnt a whole skillet full of fried okra today. :barnie I was outside talking to my DH who was grilling chicken, when I thought "Oh, no!" Sure enough when I came back in the kitchen was filled with smoke. I grabbed the pan and rushed it outside (which is, now that I think about it, where it still is). I was so looking forward to that fried okra.:rolleyes:

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
All the time! We have a spare fridge in our basement for summer extras. It has been unplugged since fall and I just found a huge container of refrigerator pickles :rolleyes:

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
When the op said she left the steaks on the freeze top then fed them to the dogs, I thought to myself "boy is she fussy"- then I read where she lived. Where I live, they might have just maybe barely thawed out. Maybe but probably not.

What I hate the most is be sound asleep then awakened by the distant rumbling of the pellet stove in the living room I forgot to turn off before I went to bed. Lost sleep and wasted pellets--arrgghhh.

Ace

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've left:

milk, eggs, butter, and leftovers on top the fridge the whole entire day lol.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA
reading the responses, I am glad I am not the only one, cause when I waste like this it makes me crazy..LOL

Being in NC--it was close to 100 and those steaks were scary. Dogs survived and licked their chops too..HA HA

So far no other senseless disasters!

But I know the next one IS right around the corner...wonder what dumb thing I will do again???--LOL

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I made a huge batch of homemade noodles 2 weeks ago and put them in the oven to dry. Low oven, of course, but nonetheless.....I was doing my thing around the house and thought "oh yeah, I need to mow the grass and trim"...so outside I went! 2 hours later, I came inside, covered in grass and sweating and thought "OH NO!!"

The noodles were fine (thank goodness) but I thanked my lucky stars I didn't burn down the house!!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I think that I do these sort of things mostly when there is something stressing me out.
During one period of real tension in my life, I filled the washing machine before adding clothes for treatment then forgot and the machine ran through it's cycle without my remembering to add the clothes at all.
Now that might not sound too bad but I did it 4 times before I actually kept my thoughts together long enough to get the clothes in the machine. Hello.............

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ha the washing machine story made me laugh!! Only because I did that this morning!! We came home from a short trip yesterday and I have a ton of laundry to do. So got up early this morning and began chores. The first thing I did was to start wash. An hour later I go down to put it in the dryer ( it is raining here today) and what do you know the washer is empty. I thought to myself.."I know I started a load of laundry" when I looked in the pantry there was the wash I was going to throw in. I must have set it down when I was taking the chicken out of the freezer for dinner tonight!! DUH - I just wasted time, water, detergent, makes me sooo mad!! But reading this post makes me feel a little better!!!