Don't You Hate it When?

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I do really stupid things all the time! I'm very forgetful and get distracted way too easily.

Recently I've ran the dishwasher without turning the water on to it. Nice!

I've also ruined not one, but TWO batches of dough. I was trying a new recipe for doughnuts. I did the dough in the bread machine (to save time? b/c I had many other things to do that day) hey... too easy to dump ingredients in and be done w/ it! Right? WRONG... I wasn't paying attention and must've omitted something. (eggs, yeast? who knows at this piont) so I tried it again... and the second time I forgot to set the bread machine to the dough cycle, so it just baked it.. and it was really tough and sweet, and hard... well it was like a heavy brick! LOL! So I gave up on the dough for that day... I also had dinner in the crock pot that day, and we ate dinner and I turned it off and got distracted and never put the leftovers away. So it sat out all night and half the day the next day until I realized I never put it away. So it got dumped. <sigh> I do this stuff TOO often. It's too chaotic at our house lately!

I work better if I plan out my day on paper, make a list (even of prep the night b4) and then check it off as I go. Then I"m not so forgetful, and get more done!

Now that I"m a half hour late for getting my dinner going for today... I better get off the darn computer! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow that must burn your butt knowing all those ingredients were wasted....I am just like that--LOL---you and me must run the house the same way....on HIGH SPEED and that sure makes one forget things.

I rush thru almost everything I do and that makes for alot of wasted time and ingredients and such.... :)

Slow down, what's that..HA HA

A list? I tried that but I was too busy to keep up a list and I would lose it..HA HA

hang in there...it must get better for high speed people at some point, right?
LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Another wasteful dumb thing today. I am needing glasses and have to squint to read any label (if I can..LOL) --so I bought some new energy drink from Ocean Spray today to try (got a great coupon) and turned on all lights in the kitchen to read the label (even with my magnifiying glass..LOL)

Well, yup, I left all those lights on for at least 1 hr....went off and did other things. Went into the kitchen and realized all were on...so off they went and here I am trying to save elec. UGH

And it is a bright sunny day. Little things like that just make me crazy. I try so hard then blow it, but I guess all my good does all up.

Anyone start their day off with....I can't believe I did that already today?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Does anyone else see a common thread?

We are so freaking busy we can't meet ourselves coming or going.

Yet ... it is that happy satisfying kind of busy, now isn't it!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
One thing I really hate is when I have not lost my temper at something for a long, long time. I get smug and self-satisfied-I have become a better person- ha ha. But what has really happened is that I have not had my buttons pushed recently. Then someone comes along and pounds on those buttons- and I immediately discover that sainthood is farther away than I thought. Much, much farther..................

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
So this weekend the DH was home, and he baked a sheet cake (yeah, I've got one that loves to cook, lol) Anyway, he wanted to take some back out on the road, so I cut up a few pieces, wrapped them up and put them in the bag out in the trunk of the car with the rest of his stuff (we left early this morning to get him to his rig). Well, I was doing a mental check of 'did we get everything' this morning, and was wandering all over the house "where did I put your cake? I CAN"T FIND THE CAKE!" lol...yeah, he walked in from the garage "you mean this cake? " ROFL....I can be such a dork.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
One thing I really hate is when I have not lost my temper at something for a long, long time. I get smug and self-satisfied-I have become a better person- ha ha. But what has really happened is that I have not had my buttons pushed recently. Then someone comes along and pounds on those buttons- and I immediately discover that sainthood is farther away than I thought. Much, much farther..................
I always used to tease a girlfriend of mine who had been blessed with a rather stress-free life. She was always, and still is, very self-righteous and judgemental about folks. I always tell her, "Virtue untempted is a virtue untried!" She doesn't get it, as she has had just about everything she ever wanted in life. NO stress.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hehehe.. your stress free friend sounds like the type who criticizes other people's parenting, when they have no kids of their own... then you see them 5 -10 yrs later all frazzled w/ kids running everywhere and don't have a clue as to how to handle 'em! :lol: That perfect parent, as long as they're not one! Or the perfect parent of a single child, w/ no issues, who criticizes other parents w/ multiple kids, or kids w/ disabilities.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ya know, how sometimes when you want to divide or double or even triple a recipe, right? I am soooo bad at doing some of the ingredients in the right measurements, but forgetting to do it on another. Like adding 2 cups of flour, but only needing 1 cup. Then you have to go back and double everything else. (If you have enough milk or whatever else you need now.)

Ugggghhhh! :barnie I hate it when I do that!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
double or tripling a recipe is like rocket science to me....sad but true. I am not a good cook or baker at all..HA HA

****My dumb deed for the other day....I left the water running all night when I cleaned out the goats water trough. Good thing I have a deep great well...HA HA---I hate doing that...very rare, but Tony came up from feeding and said I did. Ugh