Don't You Hate it When?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Nuggestowner

It does make one feel better to know we are not alone in doing stupid things...LOL..and wasting money (which is not so LOL to me :) )
but hey, it sure happens!

By the way, I hope the chicken from the freezer isn't in the washer..HA HA

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
For me, it's not IF, it's just a matter of WHAT and WHEN I will do something really dumb next :rolleyes:

cackle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is a great post because now I know I am not the only to to run an empty washer or left food out.

I hate it when I go into my pantry or another room then just stand there thinking why did I come in here? You know you went for a reason but for the life of you can not remember why.

Sometimes when my husband walks in the room and I say something to him he will tell me shhh don't talk or I will forget why I came in here.

Susan

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hi Cackle
that is so funny....I do that also. Walk from room to room not remembering what I needed or why I was there.

I talk to myself sometimes....open a cabinet door and stand there---"Now what do I need, why did I open this cabinet?"---yeah that is a sign we are super overloaded with things to do!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Here's a stupid. Put out my week old chicks in the outside brooder for their first time. They did well all night and were great in the morning. We all went swimming in the river all day and came back, discussing dinner options. I told the boys that someone needed to dig some new potatoes, while I checked on the chicks.

Well, you guessed it. I was walking past the potatoes on the way to the chicks and decided to get the potatoes myself. Took them inside, scrubbed them up, checked on the other things the boys were cooking....and then I remembered! Chicks!

Went outside to find a big, fat black snake in my brooder pen with 2 suspicious lumps in his middle! I kept thinking, (as I killed him with extreme prejudice!) if I had only went out earlier, I maybe could have saved those fluff balls from a horrible death.

Chicks are now back in the house until they are too big to swallow...how big is THAT, BTW? I know big snakes can swallow a full grown rabbit. Am I going to have chickens in my house forever? :p

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Ugggh, ugghhh, uggghhh!!! I'm just lucky to have no such snakes around here, or I would have done something just like that! As it was, rats got 21 of our babies earlier this spring... I'm sorry for your loss :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I was so surprised to see this snake. We haven't even seen a shed skin since we've been here and there are very little places for one to hide on this place. That was probably the healthiest, prettiest black snake I've ever seen. Wonder if he's been eating my eggs and getting so fat and shiney? I have some older hens who don't lay regular....or DO they? :rolleyes:

I hated losing the chicks, that's for sure. Kind of sad to be squeezed to death... :( Well, one expects some losses when dealing with livestock and I'm grateful that it was only two. Thanks for the kind words, Me&! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
EKKKK
we try so hard to make this farming happen, and along comes a snake.

I know how you feel. We lose livestock. I hate it. A racoon got into the barn and was a big nuisance and ate up many chickens. Also a skunk was digging under the chicken coop floor area and did alot of killing...Got those suckers thou...LOL

We have huge black snakes here. I keep them around at the horse barn and such but not around the other barns. They sure control some mice etc. but I agree, chicks have to be "off" the dinner menu!

Latest posts