Doomsday Preppers ( National Geographic)

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I liked the setup with the pool. I wouldn't mind trying that even if it wasn't for emergency preparedness. It is a good utilization of resources.:thumbsup

MrJeff

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hiker said:
Do the Phoenix folks think that a few handguns will keep the screaming masses from taking all their stuff? No such luck. Your best bet is to get out of dodge when you can and lay low.
It's pretty likely they have made preparations that they have not advertised in addition to the ones they have. On the Big Day they may run out to the front yard and, say, put in place a predetermined pattern of claymore mines. I'm sure there are places to obtain black market force multipliers of that variety.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Indeed, if they were truly smart, they would have plans they didn't share.

However, if they include the neighbors, which I think is what he did afterward, you reduce the chance of zombies in your area, and increase your chances at defending against zombies passing through, AND you get a larger sampling of people and skill sets, and more supplies to work with, not to mention, no doubt, extra ground to grow food if it got that bad.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MrJeff said:
hiker said:
Do the Phoenix folks think that a few handguns will keep the screaming masses from taking all their stuff? No such luck. Your best bet is to get out of dodge when you can and lay low.
It's pretty likely they have made preparations that they have not advertised in addition to the ones they have. On the Big Day they may run out to the front yard and, say, put in place a predetermined pattern of claymore mines. I'm sure there are places to obtain black market force multipliers of that variety.
so much easier to make than buy.