eczema/psoriasis type problem

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use to have psoriasis on both elbows and one knee. I cured it by mega dosing with vitamin D3. 50,000 IU 2 to 3 times a day for one week. then 10,000 IU a day for two weeks then 5,000 IU.

I had to repeat this protocol 4 times over the course of 3 years to get it all. I suppose I could have gotten rid of it faster if I spaced the protocols closer together. say every 4 months...

each time the psoriasis decreased and when it went it did not return.

Psoriasis can also be cured with topical lugols iodine but it has to be applied several times a day and when it drys out it has to be peeled of, sometimes more than once a day. I did this on the psoriasis (or eczema, I was never sure which on it was on my hand) it took about 8 days. It can be painful.

Both eczema and psoriasis are a non contageous fungal infection caused by vitamin deficiency or allergy which alters the terrain and sets you up for the infections... that doctors don't see this I cannot account for... this is what many alternative thinking doctors say.

steroids are dangerous drugs and only repress symptoms..stay away from them if you can, and in my opinion at all costs.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Hope it clears up soon for him. :fl
I've been having something similar on the back of my hands. It itches most when my skin is wet and near the time I usually go to sleep. It does spread, but doesn't seem to be contagious. Hubby has been exposed plenty- and doesn't have it. I'll try some tea tree, and could do diluted vinegar on it.
Finally made a Dr appt but that's next week. I hate dealing with the medical system, but an accurate diagnosis makes it easier to get the right remedies. The weather's good today, so I could go get some vitamin D the old fashioned way. Go play outside in my summer clothes while I still can.
Hope this wasn't a hijack. If it is- I can delete it.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. DH is going to try some. It never spreads. It is just on his right arm from his wrist to his elbow and just on the top of the arm. Same place every year. He worked at a landscaping business when he was in his early 20's and he was using all the now banned chemicals. So he is wondering if that somehow has affected him.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think I would try some Nu-Stock on it, just for kicks and giggles. The ingredients are sulfur, mineral oil and pine tar. Stinks but supposed to work wonders on rain rot, ringworm, mites, etc. for animals.

I used it on my chicken's legs for scale mite that had been treated repeatedly with vaseline, bag balm, cooking oils, etc. One application of the Nu-Stock was all it took...they never came back and were healed in a few days.

Also used it one some pretty severe wounds on my meat chicks and, when I butchered, I could not find out which birds had been injured. It had healed them up that well....one chick had been totally scalped with a big flap hanging off its head and a bigger flap hanging off its flank. The other had a puncture wound in its neck that bubbled when it breathed.

Within a week I couldn't tell which chicks had been injured....of course, this could have been helped along by my dog, Jake. We caught him lying in the yard with all the chicks snuggled up to him and he had one between his paws licking it to beat the band. Maybe dog slobbers would help hubbies arm too??? :D

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
Hope it clears up soon for him. :fl
I've been having something similar on the back of my hands. It itches most when my skin is wet and near the time I usually go to sleep. It does spread, but doesn't seem to be contagious. Hubby has been exposed plenty- and doesn't have it. I'll try some tea tree, and could do diluted vinegar on it.
Finally made a Dr appt but that's next week. I hate dealing with the medical system, but an accurate diagnosis makes it easier to get the right remedies. The weather's good today, so I could go get some vitamin D the old fashioned way. Go play outside in my summer clothes while I still can.
Hope this wasn't a hijack. If it is- I can delete it.
It will be interesting to see what your doctor says... he will likley say it is ecezma. He will likely prescribe a steroid. He will not be able to tell you what caused it. He will be stumped when in returns after the steroids are used. He may prescribe a stronger or different kind of steroid.

if it is caused by a microbe tea tree may be able to cure it.. if the tissue terrain can heal though internal normalization. Microbes only infest if the immune system is incapable of sustaining a normal terrian in the face of a challenge.

What exactly does the diagonosis of eczema or psoriasis mean? What is its cause? If he gives it a name it really means nothing. Only a cause will determine what to use for a cure but he will not be able to give you that, I will bet by bottom dollar. What does a steroid cure? Inflammation? what causes inflammation? if inflammation goes away is that a sure sign of cure?

Do you really want to suppress it or cure it?

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Check out earthclinic.com. The website has a lot of common items to help with what ails you. My husband had nail fungus and it had a suggestion that worked.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
MacKay - I'm pm-ing you since I don't want to totally hijack this thread. Thanks.

bjmstahl- Thanks, I'll check it out.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you repress symptoms the cause is then very hard to determine. I guarantee that the dermatologist doctor will be no help.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wow, this is awesome. I too suffer with eczema and I will try a few tips here. Most of them I already do.

I was starting to wonder if it was a type of fungus when it sort of clears up if I am doing DH's pedicure for athlete's foot.

Thanks guys.