eczema/psoriasis type problem

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'd thought it was allergic dermatitis originally. I got suspicious that it wasn't, when I'd was getting over a bad cold and the rash got much Worse. It seemed to take advantage of my resistance being down.

Putting olive oil on it helps it itch less. Fresh aloe helps some too. It still drives me crazy at night and sporadically through the day. I'm going to ask the DR to do a skin scrape and send it to the lab to find out exactly what it is. I don't want to get a very vague diagnosis and be prescribed steroidal cream to cover up the problem. I want the cause of the rash found, so it will stay gone. The steroidal stuff quiets the symptoms but makes the immune system weaker, so that's not good enough.

The Dr appt is this week, so I'm waiting to do anything that might interfere with making a correct diagnosis.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score

yardfarmer

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I don't post on this site very often due to computer limitations, but would like to share an experince with this skin problem.

A co-worker with my DW had severe eczema/psoriasis (not sure which) and was using steroid cream that was not working. My DW gave her a bar of soap made with Birch Tar, similar to Pine Tar. Her co-worker used the soap for a week and notice some encouraging results.

Now she is off the steriod cream, which really upset her doctor, and strictly uses the soap. Her supervisor heard about the soap and wanted to try it out. He is also completely satisfied with the results and hasn't had skin problems either.

This soap is a product from Russia and can be found at Russian owned and operated stores in our area. I believe the Birch tree has healing compounds and is very popular in several remedies.

Not sure if there are Russian stores in your area, so if you like I could send a bar to see if you like it.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm not sure who.. I think it was Delia that said she gave some of the goat milk soap I sent her to a friend's daughter and it took care of her eczema. It's getting pretty popular, I bet you could easy find some and try it.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Can a certain little blackbird put birch tar is his goat milk soap????

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Is this it? I might have to order some for hubby. The vitamin D is helping but he is still itchy.

http://www.google.com/search?client...DEQrQQwAg&biw=1079&bih=556&fp=2289185d5cea093
How high did you take the vitamin D3 and did you get his levels checked?

When I supplemented with 2,000 IU of a fish oil based product it barely pushed my numbers up. 5,000 only a couple points more... thats when I started mega dosing with Biotech D3 and got the results I was seeking.. I had several blood tests to check levels... this stuff works... and though other people I know we have found that quite a few D3 products out there do not push levels up significantly

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
The rash that Dace mentioned above that is a gluten related rash is called dermatitis herpetiformis. It is more like little pimples, rather than a patch of itchiness. A gluten free diet is the only true cure for this.

My son has eczema, and we control it with a gluten free diet. I am not into drugged creams, etc. (although I use organic oils like coconut and sesame or organic essential oils), and shots of anything would be out of the question. When he is gluten free, his eczema is gone. When he gets contaminated, it flares up.

Good Luck!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I might want to change my diet for a while and see what happens. Drink lemon water or my herbal teas, eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits, and whole grains. See if it helps.

Latest posts