Elwood and family's journal of our ss journey

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our water is moderately hard, with high sulphur, manganese levels. I think it's over 300', poor seal to the bedrock, so we get some sediment. Only 1.5 gpm so we run the risk of running dry, and I can only spot water the garden. Ideally, we should have RO, but the sediment would require lots of frequent maintenance to keep the system running. I use a Brita filter, but mostly, we buy our drinking water.

Our well is very deep, poor water quality. Meanwhile, the next neighbor on the street drilled 80', got such high water return ( and good quality) that it ran for a year and a half before they could cap it.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really like that idea. We have an ice dispenser, but don't use it b/c the water is so crappy. I'd love to have RO at the kitchen sink. But, the sediment would make the upkeep more trouble than it would be worth, I fear.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So, you hadn't been there for a few days? Assume that as cut/dry time, then bale. Hey, I'd be camping there while DW stay at the apartment and see "who" came to claim the hay. OR is the hay gone????

Strange...

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hay is still there. Dw is sick so i am with her.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ty
Flu like symptoms. For 2 days now. I had a little of it this morning but i dont get or stay sick much.

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well our dog was stolen a week ago. Been searching for her. Havent done much besides that. We are all upset about it.
And i need to fix my truck. Brakes booster failed and i have a leak in power steering.
Otherwise we are good