Energy Saver bulbs-They work!

chrissum

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks VT-Chicklit. I'll be going to the city in a couple weeks so i'll go to HD and check. The ceiling fan lights are the only ones I have yet to replace. Thanks again!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Reinbeau

I have to say, once I switched to CFL's my electric bill dropped considerably.

******I just did this...changed all over but 1 stubborn ill fitting fixture..LOL
I can not wait to see the difference in usage!

Like a kid waiting for Christmas..HA HA...so glad you posted such great results from the change!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well listening to you all...and as much as I had against these crazy lightbulbs...and the fact that our hydro is introducing smart meters shortly and daytime hydo is going to be almost 10 cents a kwh...
I took the plunge and replace them all...ouch that was expensive! $40 for 6 bulbs. But in my kitchen/living room alone I was using 10 100W bulbs, that are on almost all the time, so I guess I should see a difference on my hydro bill huh?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our hydro is introducing smart meters shortly

********Morel
I just read up all about these on the internet....cool....wish we were getting them!

and yes, you will save money! Let us know how much!!!!!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
our hydro is introducing smart meters shortly

********Morel
I just read up all about these on the internet....cool....wish we were getting them!

and yes, you will save money! Let us know how much!!!!!!
I guess smart meters are good if you're a night owl...but I don't want to be having to do my laundry all night :barnie
I value my sleep and like to be in bed by 9 most of the time...which reminds me, it is past my bedtime now

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well yea, I guess...LOL...I would be excited cause I do tons of things until 12-1 am in the morning..LOL

our stupid elec. price has increased also. UGH

here I am saving, saving, and trying and boom, price increase. shoot me just finally ya know?! ugh

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ours has increased too, and now they are increasing it AGAIN to 'help' pay for the smartmeters! Should a known nothing comes for free...they didn't ask ME if I wanted to buy one:rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they didn't ask ME if I wanted to buy one:

LOL-LOL-LOl----I hear ya!
everything, and I mean everything, comes with a price tag doesn't it...and it gets old fast!
LOL