Extreme Couponing

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The amount of gas used to go to these stores has to be considered too. If you live in the city near all the stores, that is great. I would have to drive at least 45 minutes to go to the good grocery stores to get their store coupons along with the other coupons.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I caught a part of it on tv last night. It is impressive when they ring up the total and it is like $5 for $600 worth of items. But most of what they purchase is bad for you and we would never use it. And how much chemical laden deodorant to you actually need? I usually only purchase basics because I make almost everything from scratch or try to grow it myself. I also do a lot of canning. Other items I only purchase on sale and then stock up. I do go to Whole Foods about once a month and and purchase mostly sale items have saved up to $70 with a combination of store and manufacturer coupons. I also use multiple coupons and get case discounts of 10% so I do look for the manager when I check out!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I tried to do coupon but it seems that generics are better buys, or Aldies.
I cannot figure out how they save so much. I even joined a coupon train and I just don't get coupons on stuff I actually use.

I buy all my cleaning supplies, laundry det, deo, body wash, tooth paste ect ect from Melaleuca so any of those coupon are worthless to me. Plus the newspaper is so expensive I dont get it so unless I make a trip to town just to get the Sunday paper no coupons.
And I don't buy alot of prepackaged food because of being GF.

Plus being gluten free makes it even harder to save money as there really are no available coupons for gluten free foods. Wish there were.

It just doesnt work for me. Wish it did..... :hit

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
All of them, there stores "double" coupons. Nothing around here does that.

I have lots of time, I think I will search for coupons for the things that are already on my shopping list. there are a few products that we buy name-brand. Like Daisy sour cream. OMG, my fiance just bought sour cream that has all the fake/added ingredients. It tastes TERRIBLE!

walnuthollow

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks, would you mind sharing with us how you make your toothpaste and soap? Thanks, Sandra

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
walnuthollow said:
Bubblingbrooks, would you mind sharing with us how you make your toothpaste and soap? Thanks, Sandra
I'll start another thread.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I saw it...I even commented on it on another thread somewhere. I can understand doing this for stuff like toilet paper, non-perishible stuff but to buy 30 boxes of pasta EVERY time they go on sale and you have a coupon. Yeah, it is borderline hoarding. I personally don't have the storage space to do it and most of the grocery stores around here won't double coupons.

We don't eat prepackaged stuff either (gluten) but I am trying to find a source for gluten free coupons. Problem is that I have to drive 30 minutes just to find a store that carries "gluten free" packaged items. Our closest grocery store is getting better but my hubby was blown away at the sheer amount of products that have wheat/gluten in them. He offered me a mint yesterday and I had to decline cause it was made with maltodextrin. I cannot eat Campbells tomato soup, thickened with flour.

We are having to make a lot more from scratch. I agree, where are the coupons for fresh fruit/veggies??? :p

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I saw on tv a lady who entered every single contest she came across.
My mom does this too... she has HTML files organized by daily, weekly and monthly contests... She only enters online contests, and has an auto filler to fill in the forms for her.

She's won a car, two trips, all our Christmas presents (including 3 camcorders, a wii, digital cameras, all kinds of stuff) within the last two years... it takes her an hour a day :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
FarmerChick said:
I saw on tv a lady who entered every single contest she came across.
My mom does this too... she has HTML files organized by daily, weekly and monthly contests... She only enters online contests, and has an auto filler to fill in the forms for her.

She's won a car, two trips, all our Christmas presents (including 3 camcorders, a wii, digital cameras, all kinds of stuff) within the last two years... it takes her an hour a day :)
I want to do that bu I don't know where to start! I have time, just don't know where to start.