frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh no... I've followed Ben's story since you got him as a pup and I'm so sad this has turned into an issue. I really hope the Thunder Shirt will help him.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Once dogs become what we call 'gun shy' I don't believe there is a cure for it. Our dogs have always been put up on the 4th of July because of this. I would love to have a LGD but we don't have the fences.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our great pyr was TERRIFIED of thunder, guns and fireworks! It was so hard. But he found comfort in heading to his crate and laying in there until whatever it was ended.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like that idea @ Tortoise. I remember watching a Dog Whisperer episode where he rehabilitated a military dog. That was the saddest episode - watching a dog who had been such a brave and valiant dog....but he was able to be rehabilitated. It took a long time, and a lot of work - but he came out of it.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
As I was struggling to build this massive, heavy structure for this stupid dog to crawl under when it rains or when he wants to be extra cool, or to climb on top if he wants a higher view of the terrain while he's on his run line, I got this thought....what in the world am I doing this for????? A dog. No, a dog so I can have chickens. :th Used up the last of my reserve pallet wood, worked all day on it, it looks like ever livin' lovin' crapola, and I got jumped on by a gigantore wolf spidey.

I'm an idiot. :he

Anyhoo...it's as finished as it's going to get right now and I bet you any amount of money he won't even use it. o_O

My back hurts..... :confused: Dumb dog.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I can say that I think I know how you feel. When Cowboy was jumping fence several times a day and I kept adding more fence - I felt like I was chasing my tail... silly dog. But.... we do what we do cuz it's what seems right at the time...and cuz we kinda like them "dumb dogs!"