FarmerJamie - A new beginning

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have been blueberry picking twice. I keep a gallon bag of fresh ones in the refrigerator and we eat a bowl of them every day until they are gone. I freeze some too. We’ll probably go 2 more times before the season is over.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll make some blueberry jam...and some wild blackberry.

One day, having my slurp of elderberry juice....I thought about elderberry wine. Hmmm. So I poured some into a small amount of a mild white. LOL yep, tasty. Might make some -- the gal jug under the sink stuff.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our pick-your-own strawberry place has a paper with their favorite recipes on it. I am going to try their Strawberry Nachos one of these days. Slice a large flour taco shell into 8 pieces. brush top with butter and bake in oven until crispy and browned (careful, they will turn from brown to burnt very quickly). Place on a plate and top with sliced, macerated strawberries and top with real whipped cream.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'll make some blueberry jam...and some wild blackberry.

One day, having my slurp of elderberry juice....I thought about elderberry wine. Hmmm. So I poured some into a small amount of a mild white. LOL yep, tasty. Might make some -- the gal jug under the sink stuff.

Have you ever made cordial? It's yummier than wine.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got out yesterday with my son to a local state park. Had a great time with him. I used to go out once per month to have a photo day trip to different places - I used to go here a lot. May need to start that up again.

It was in the high 80s, one part of the formation (cave like, but not a cave per se) was so cold you could see your breath. Simply amazing.

FB_IMG_1592830658240.jpg