FarmerJamie - A new beginning

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
bring them stuff...i had to actually do the math to convince my BF to put up a clothesline...:rolleyes:

sometimes they have to see it with their own eyes....wanna do tours??? :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Placed my "special variety" seed orders in the mail today.

Any optimism was dashed by the multiple inches of snow we are getting and are scheduled to get over the next few days.

Had an interesting discussion today at work - all started by someone being asked how much a half pint of skim milk cost in the cafeteria - $1

A couple of us old(er) guys started laughing as one us said :old back in my day, that milk cost 5 cents and it was whole milk :old

We got to talking about how times have changed and the conversation turned to my gardening and attempts to be be self-sufficient. (I even mentioned this site).

Any advice on how to encourage these young, fresh from college youngsters to explore this way of life?
Bring em stuff and you could get them on the site. All of us together can convert them!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
FarmerJamie said:

Any optimism was dashed by the multiple inches of snow we are getting and are scheduled to get over the next few days.

Had an interesting discussion today at work - all started by someone being asked how much a half pint of skim milk cost in the cafeteria - $1

A couple of us old(er) guys started laughing as one us said :old back in my day, that milk cost 5 cents and it was whole milk :old

We got to talking about how times have changed and the conversation turned to my gardening and attempts to be be self-sufficient. (I even mentioned this site).

Any advice on how to encourage these young, fresh from college youngsters to explore this way of life?
Bring em stuff and you could get them on the site. All of us together can convert them!
We are fortunate, we were raises in environments where this mindset was the norm. I know I can't save the world, I'm thinking maybe container gardening gifts later in the Spring

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:

Lead by example. Bring your own home grown lunch every day, and watch them drool :lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:woot
the National Weather Service overnight downgraded the amount of snow we are supposed to get today. The strength of the storm is more S/SE from us. Sorry everyone else, but good news for us!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yesterday, they were calling for a possibility of a coating to an inch for us. Now they're saying 3-6 inches! :barnie

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We're just supposed to get a "wintry mix" :hide Sure would be nice to see some some like the day after Christmas, and even better if it actually STUCK this time!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
the National Weather Service overnight downgraded the amount of snow we are supposed to get today. The strength of the storm is more S/SE from us. Sorry everyone else, but good news for us!
Tell me about it!! We got that snow!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
FarmerJamie said:
Tell me about it!! We got that snow!!
And I thank you for taking it for us!