FarmerJamie - A new beginning

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
New frig in place. My son stopped over with two 4 packs of Great Lakes Brewing special edition brews. His second job is at a convenience store. Nice way to christen the fridge. Lol

Had a talk with him about bulk veggie storage/meal prep this summer. His idea. He is trying to talk his girlfriend's parents into letting him build a garden at their new place. Love this kid

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Saw some terrible news today. The 12 yrs old daughter of a former coworker pal was bullied (details dont matter) and was taunted that she should kill herself.....so she did....my heart is so sad tonight
I am so sorry. Our DD and DSIL pulled our 12 year old grand daughter from the local school district and moved her to a charter school because she was being bullied. She is a different kid now.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Great day with the son today, mentioned the shopping deals in the cafe thread.

Local chocolate company was celebrating the founders birthday. 20% off all now Valentine's Day products. Surprised the wife. :)

Work is getting stupid. New CEO, chaos as everyone in mgmt scrambles to cover their rear ends. Putting my head down, one day at a time. Updated the resume, starting to poke around. House hunting delayed.

Trying my wife's weighted blanket to help with the anxiety. We shall see.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Never rains, but it pours. Sorry you're having work stress on top of wife's health issues.
Thanks, it will be okay. Was actually able to explain to my son what she is going through. The kids love her. He asked what he could do to help. He is always trying to do little things to make her smile

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When your job is not secure, that can sure add stress to your life. Your wife's health issues are a great concern and i know you worry about her. Hang in there.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Beautiful but cold day here with lots of sun

We made a decision to officially start looking for a place we can own. Started talking to a local realtor this morning....she had a "free coffee" meet up at the local coffee shop this morning. Maybe this will help us focus on what is realistic and attainable. I doubt a garden will be doable this summer, but next year, next year. :)