Farmfresh City Homesteader - the sound of falling oaks.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Naps, ahhhh I love them. Not that I take many but they do feel wonderful.

That's weird about your hen ingesting metal. I guess they just don't know any better. So what's a Turkey bag? Is it for freezing? Oh, did you use your new sheers for processing the bird? If so how did they work?

Sorry about your cucumber trellis. That reminds me I have a big tomato about to fall over. I should fix it.

Have a great day!

gina

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was thinking that a purging day sounded good for today. But alas (depending on which way you look at it), I have a ton of maters to work up.

How is the weather down your way today. Very nice here with no humidity. Even had the windows open in the house last night.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your faithful truck. My subaru is about ready to bite the dust and I'm not looking forward to replacing it. I know all of the quirks in this vehicle and the thought of having to relearn a different vehicle just doesn't sound like fun. However, having air conditioning, full working seatbelts (right now I just use the lap belt), having doors that lock, a stereo that picks up more than 2 stations and only plays out of one speaker, and more paint than rust on the body is starting to sound appealing! :lol:

Thank goodness for good mechanics. They're hard to come by.

Happy Weekend!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
oh golly - sorry about the truck. sigh. the end of an era...

well. onward and upward, right?

i guess the good news is that with so many people with hard times you could probably find a deal right now. we've had luck with craigslist

:)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's always sad when a good truck is put to rest. I have fond memories of my Dad's Old Blue.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
We have 3 vehicles is various states of disrepair. It is nice to get a straight forward honest opinion about when to cut one lose.