flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you freeze the candy? I've heard of people doing that with Halloween candy.

My mom sent a box of specialty chocolates. I'm amazed there are any left 😅 I put the box out of sight (out of mind) for a couple days. I got it out tonight. I was already fasting though. DH had a truffle. I like the malted milk balls but DH doesn't, so they'll be there when I want one.

:) that sounds perfect! :)

no room in the freezer right now.

as it turned out the boxes did not have candy in them, what the one person told me wasn't accurate and so instead of peanut brittle and chocolate covered peanuts i have dried beans, fresh cranberries and frozen blueberries and a small fruitcake (which is delicious :) ). so pretty much i'm mostly safe from tons of sweets and i'll be able to ration the fruitcake out for the next several days. Mom won't touch it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
FMD cycle 10

Day 1: 141.6
Fasted 23 hours.
I ate a banana, 2 carrot cake muffins and a handful of chips. Not what I planned to eat! Sorry-not-sorry 😁

Day 2: 139.8 - lost some fluid! Feels better!
Fasted 20 hours
I ate 2 bananas and 2 carrot cake muffins. It worked out fine on day 1 so I did it again. :gig

Day 3: 138.0 🎉
Refeed day, I'll just eat normal/healthy and take my vitamins/supplements. Start the next cycle tomorrow 👍

SW: 154.2 (3/15/22)
CW: 138.0 (-3.6# in 3 days, net gain 5.4# in 12 weeks)
GW: 125

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My last fasting cycle bombed. I underestimated how I'd be affected by kids during school break.

Scale says I gained 13.0# in 21 days. Doesn't feel right. My body and the fit of my clothes haven't changed that much.

1) I'm sick, have been going to the gym, and ate salty food, so I could have fluid retention.
2) I cleaned my bathroom floor. Dirt under my scale can give a false low weight, so maybe my "before" weight measurement was wrong.

IDK. Let's all pretend my last few updates don't exist, mKay? 😅 It's the full moon, so I'm starting my next series of fasting tomorrow morning. I'll keep going until new moon, unless I feel unwell.

I'm going to have to meal plan a bit. I'm very scatterbrained lately and I'll simply forget my fasting mimicking diet plan otherwise.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Scale says I gained 13.0# in 21 days. Doesn't feel right. My body and the fit of my clothes haven't changed that much.

1) I'm sick, have been going to the gym, and ate salty food, so I could have fluid retention.
2) I cleaned my bathroom floor. Dirt under my scale can give a false low weight, so maybe my "before" weight measurement was wrong.

It was mostly #1. Scale says down 9# in 24 hours. 🙄

What if I hadn't weighed in tonight, decided "nothing works," and ate fast food to comfort myself? I think that happens to a lot of people!

Louder for the people in the back: All rapid weight changes are fluid [not fat].

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm thankful that I developed my ability to fast. I ran out of a medication I need to eat/digest food. (More on the way, shipping was just delayed.) Skipping a few meals doesn't scare me now. This one should be less than 24 hours.

Disclaimer: I might not fast the whole way. I've lost quite a bit of weight this month unintentionally (>5% body weight in 3 weeks!) So I might break up this fast with Gatorade since weight loss is not my goal.