tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I did a round of TRF during vacation last month and am on day 2 (?) of another now. I dont remember if I ate normally yesterday... maybe the day before. I'll be able to tell which day I ate normally by how I feel tomorrow morning.

I'm not counting calories or using my food tracker app this round. Probably 350-ish calories today. 23 hour fast. No biggie. 👍

SW: 154.2 (3/15/22)
CW: 135.8 actual progress, I havent gotten below 137 in >2 years. Possibly not for 5 years.
GW: 125

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
9th TRF/FMD cycle

I did 220 calories per day, 16:8 TRF.

I messed up and got myself dehydrated the first day, so I added electrolyte to my water bottle the second day. Refeed today.

My pain from Lipedema is 90% gone. Hugs don't hurt! My goal weight might be too high for my current body composition. We'll see when I get there...

This time, 220 calories looks like
1 cup carrots
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup cottage cheese, 4% milkfat
1 mandarin orange

CW: 132.6

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I gained weight starting September 2022 after DS15 was suspended from school. He has been out of school for 3 months now. 😖 I gained quickly at first from emotional eating but have maintained around 143#. I have had an increase in lipedema pain and sharp increase in musculoskeletal pain, which has affected my mobility and energy. Gotta lose the weight so I can feel like myself.

I'm restarting some FMD. I plan to do a few FMD cycles each month - between full moon and new moon.

Here's my starting point for cycle 10:

CW: 141.6 (net gain 9# in 12 weeks)

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I gained weight starting September 2022 after DS15 was suspended from school. He has been out of school for 3 months now. 😖 I gained quickly at first from emotional eating but have maintained around 143#. I have had an increase in lipedema pain and sharp increase in musculoskeletal pain, which has affected my mobility and energy. Gotta lose the weight so I can feel like myself.

I'm restarting some FMD. I plan to do a few FMD cycles each month - between full moon and new moon.

Good luck!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

it can be such a constant battle (and especially now with many foods being really available and constantly pushed). i live in a house with a pusher, but i'm getting better at saying no because i can tell now how much better i feel where i am at compared to where i was last year. that perhaps can help you to recall how much better you feel and give you a bit of a boost in being able to say no more often (to your own compulsions and to others when they push food at you).

some friends just gave us a lot of food/candy and it's going to be a challenge but i'm hoping i can stay out of it other than a few bites a day. a few bites is still possibly 100 calories or more so i have to adjust everything else. this time of the year i want to eat everything because of the cold and also being less busy outside so more time inside where the easy food is at. outside i have to pick it to get it. :)

good luck! keep at it! :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel for those of you who have weight concerns. Its just never been a problem for me personally. Lucky I guess -- plus I don't have a desire to keep up with all that "stuff". :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I say not a problem because not a health issue!! IF IT WERE I'd be on it. But I've never reached 120# in my lifetime, even with 2 pregnancies. However, I appreciate the control it takes for those who have to manage weight. My DGD has always had a weight that is way too high for her body...she lost 80# 2 yrs ago and while far healthier now, could lose 50. Its her choice. Healthier eating would serve her well! Some bodies don't work with you.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
some friends just gave us a lot of food/candy and it's going to be a challenge but i'm hoping i can stay out of it other than a few bites a day.
Can you freeze the candy? I've heard of people doing that with Halloween candy.

My mom sent a box of specialty chocolates. I'm amazed there are any left 😅 I put the box out of sight (out of mind) for a couple days. I got it out tonight. I was already fasting though. DH had a truffle. I like the malted milk balls but DH doesn't, so they'll be there when I want one.

Latest posts