tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i'm blowing off some steam here to vent it so i can get on with the day in a better frame of mind. :)
:hugs

Your body is not a garbage can. You are not obligated to eat food waste that someone else purchased.

Maybe you can return excess food to the store or donate to a food pantry? You can remove it from the kitchen and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you.

Hang in there. I'm dealing with similar and my DH is entirely unsympathetic and sometimes makes insensitive comments. It's much better now than a couple years ago. Boundaries take time and dedication to enforce them, but it's worth the effort

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Your body is not a garbage can. You are not obligated to eat food waste that someone else purchased.

Maybe you can return excess food to the store or donate to a food pantry? You can remove it from the kitchen and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you.

Hang in there. I'm dealing with similar and my DH is entirely unsympathetic and sometimes makes insensitive comments. It's much better now than a couple years ago. Boundaries take time and dedication to enforce them, but it's worth the effort

thanks! yes, i know...

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

I am in the same boat. DH makes and buys all this food that we don't need (health wise AND we have so much food already)! and there are the comments too :he

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am in the same boat. DH makes and buys all this food that we don't need (health wise AND we have so much food already)! and there are the comments too :he

i don't get comments on my body - so i'm glad for that, but in general i just want to stop Mom from buying things for me (or others who won't want it or shouldn't have it) just because she is buying stuff for herself. if she can stop doing that then i can work around the rest of it.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, guys -- I'm an only here, so buy and eat what I want, no extras or comments! :lol:
I actually buy little beyond some meats, occasional salad, always coffee & tea bought. Some wine, rarely a soda and I drink coffee black, tea with goat milk. Low maintenance. 😊. Rarely eat out or at fast food, maybe once every 3-4 months.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Well, guys -- I'm an only here, so buy and eat what I want, no extras or comments! :lol:
I actually buy little beyond some meats, occasional salad, always coffee & tea bought. Some wine, rarely a soda and I drink coffee black, tea with goat milk. Low maintenance. 😊. Rarely eat out or at fast food, maybe once every 3-4 months.
I dream of living alone. :gig Love my family, but living with other people is hard!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I dream of living alone. :gig Love my family, but living with other people is hard!

when i was at the university i lived in a residence hall for over 7 years. at times i was the only person in the building (during vacation breaks or in the summer). it was interesting. i learned a lot. i vastly prefer to live alone, but i can get along as long as people aren't right in my face all the time.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I need to take a break from FMD/TRF cycles while my body adjusts to summer temperatures. I've been doing moderate calorie restriction, high-carb, high-sodium diet to manage my POTS symptoms. No time-restricted feeding (TRF) now. I need carbs first thing in the morning to retain sodium to maintain my blood volume Otherwise I can't see and stand up at the same time :th

SW: 154.2 (3/15/22)
CW: 141.8 (-0.6# in 6 days)
GW: 125