NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’ve never thought much about fasting but my kids’ pediatrician said she does and recommended it, now I’m thinking about trying it. But not for as long as you guys! 😂

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don’t eat after dinner around 6, and don’t always eat breakfast until after 8 ish… so I guess I may not have all that hard of a time starting!

Does fastening mean no coffee though? That’s probably not manageable 😂

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did a little reading. Mistake! I'm finding conflicting information. Is my morning coffee, with cream, actually breaking my fast? I've read that anything under 50 calories is ok....and I've read that anything with calories is not ok. ARGH!

I have cut down from a couple of healthy glugs of cream to a tablespoon. Not sure I can go cream-less.

Whatever the consensus is - the scale is moving in the right direction so until it stops - I'll probably continue to enjoy cream in my coffee, lol.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hang in there :hugs

i'm blowing off some steam here to vent it so i can get on with the day in a better frame of mind. :)

it doesn't help that she buys junkfood for herself but also buys for me even though i've asked her not to do that unless i specifically ask for it, but also she bought for my brother (who's a pre-diabetic) and his wife who doesn't need it either, but then they don't show up so there it is and i hate wasting food so i end up shoving it down my pie-hole too. in the end it's three days of extra calories i didn't need. shopping when hungry is a part of it but also she's just not really got it through her head that i do not want any of this at all and that the others aren't likely to want it either. stop wasting money, stop pushing this crap at me. if she wants it for herself then only buy what she is going to be eating and stop tempting me. i'm really trying and this is feeling like sabotage and i really don't need it. period. so that will be the talk we have and i really have to get it through to her and to do it in a more gentle way than the above words, but it's frustrating as all heck. yes, i'll get through this... :) one day at a time. today the offending calories are gone. it will probably take a week to get back on track again...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:hugs

Your body is not a garbage can. You are not obligated to eat food waste that someone else purchased.

Maybe you can return excess food to the store or donate to a food pantry? You can remove it from the kitchen and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you.

Hang in there. I'm dealing with similar and my DH is entirely unsympathetic and sometimes makes insensitive comments. It's much better now than a couple years ago. Boundaries take time and dedication to enforce them, but it's worth the effort

:hugs

thanks! yes, i know...