frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you're fasting for autophagy and have high stakes (like combatting cancer), then cream in coffee is a hard pass.

I would roll with the "mistake" for a month, consistently. If you don't like the results, tweak one thing for the next month, etc.
Makes sense - and I think that's what I'll do for awhile at least. Thanks!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is not a problem, lol. I found some cabbage rolls that I had put in the freezer last month and had two of those for lunch. Low carb of course - but very satisfying with meat and cheese. Not sure what's for dinner, maybe more cabbage rolls. Earlier I was thinking maybe soup of some sort of maybe even chili. But, since it's almost 3p and I haven't started anything - cabbage rolls is looking more likely, lol.
I love cabbage rolls.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. I use the "perfect chaffle" recipe with some Italian seasoning, then use it as a "pizza crust" baked in the oven with toppings

Attachments

• 20220208_084531.jpg
    20220208_084531.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 117

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

Your body is not a garbage can. You are not obligated to eat food waste that someone else purchased.

Maybe you can return excess food to the store or donate to a food pantry? You can remove it from the kitchen and place it somewhere it doesn't bother you.

Hang in there. I'm dealing with similar and my DH is entirely unsympathetic and sometimes makes insensitive comments. It's much better now than a couple years ago. Boundaries take time and dedication to enforce them, but it's worth the effort

:hugs
I am in the same boat. DH makes and buys all this food that we don't need (health wise AND we have so much food already)! and there are the comments too :he

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm thankful that I developed my ability to fast. I ran out of a medication I need to eat/digest food. (More on the way, shipping was just delayed.) Skipping a few meals doesn't scare me now. This one should be less than 24 hours.

Disclaimer: I might not fast the whole way. I've lost quite a bit of weight this month unintentionally (>5% body weight in 3 weeks!) So I might break up this fast with Gatorade since weight loss is not my goal.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Day 2 of broth fasting. Feels just fine. Doesn't feel fantastic, like a clean fast. Oh well. It was an easy win to get past 24 hours. I'm curious what happens around 48 hours since I usually crap out with dehydration symptoms about then. I'm consuming more sodium and fluid than I would on a clean fast, so maybe it will be fine?
I started feeling dizzy and nauseated after 40 hours of fasting. I took a nap and decided to eat a bit after 42 hours. Dizzy is normal for me, but when I get dizzy + nausea, I'm done. Not too shabby considering I haven't fasted over 30 hours in a year. I ate few cheese curds, unsweetened dehydrated fruit, and a serving of homemade mac n cheese. I'm resuming broth fasting.

I noticed my vision is less blurry, my tinnitus is reduced and ear fullness is gone without taking pseudoephedrine for it today. That's motivating. If I continue fasting I will have less pain too.

don't forget potassium- that's what gets a lot of people in trouble with fasting.
I've had so much trouble with sodium in the past that I've neglected potassium. I have had consistently low-normal blood levels of potassium so it may be part of why I haven't been able to fast past 48 hours.