frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is going to take some adjustments - but I think I can manage it in some shape or form. DH can't fast - he's on an insulin pump so he must eat. He wants to do a Mediterranean type diet. I've been shopping and have tons of veggies, fish, shrimp and all manner of good healthy food.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is going to take some adjustments - but I think I can manage it in some shape or form. DH can't fast - he's on an insulin pump so he must eat. He wants to do a Mediterranean type diet. I've been shopping and have tons of veggies, fish, shrimp and all manner of good healthy food.
we love Mediterranean diet food here!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal

I've put together a couple of Med dishes lately. Soooo good! We have to be careful to keep it low carb so no pasta dishes...:(
I don't do much pasta either. I do some brown rice, which is a nice change sometimes. I eat a lot of feta cheese, olives, olive oil, quinoa, spinach, cabbage, chickpeas, watermelon and pineapple :)

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just found this. Had a freaking scary issue last week that people go to emergency rooms for. Did a three day water only fast, with potassium chloride and magnesium chloride flakes in water sipped throughout the day (not in the same cup. They should be taken separate from each other). The fasting had amazing effects, and the main symptom started getting better withing 24 hours, ans is now gone. Another issue that I've had for almost two years is mostly gone! I wasn't hungry at all, really just wanted to get better.

Now eating mostly veggie soup made fresh every day, late in the day. Have to stay on a very restricted diet, which will be more than just soup (without cheating!), as I was eating too many cheating foods that got me in trouble.

I plan to do the three day fast every month.

Last edited: