Favorite Homemade Sweets

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
made up some maple flavored frosting so i can get the peanuts out and call it maple buns. a no crust version because i can avoid a few calories that ways and i've found i don't really need the crust anyways.

as usual when making frosting i start off trying to make a little and end up making more. i think i have a month's supply of sweet tooth and peanut crunching goodness lined up.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Only if it is homemade from fresh cherries.

huh. :) i have a huge preference for tart cherries and haven't ever had a pie made from those when they were fresh. we get the dried ones for our use and i cook them once in a while with my oatmeal. by the time the oatmeal is done the cherries are plumped back up and still have a ton of flavor. i don't really consider them a sweet though so i did not even think of them for this thread. with my large sweet tooth you'd think that i would want to put sugar in the oatmeal, but the only sweet i add to that is sometimes i'll add peanut butter which has some added sugar, but it still isn't a very sweet breakfast. what i like about it though is that it doesn't crash me at all and the peanut butter and cherries along with the oats can hold me pretty much for an entire day. that's a lot of oomph out of a quarter cup of oats and some cherries and a few spoonfulls of oatmeal.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it isn't easy to have a sweet tooth and also want to lose extra weight but sometimes i just want something sweet.

butter and brown sugar and mix that up well and add raw oats, it is crunchy and takes me a while to eat it and then make sure to drink some water too so it won't soak up all the fluids from my body as it gets "down there[tm]". :)

another way is to take some milk and stir in brown sugar. stir it a few times and then eat some peanuts and sip that. it's almost like a maple bun candy. close enough.

while i'm munching on this a few nights ago i'm talking to Mom about making maple buns because we've always liked those and also made them ourselves. i said when i hit 170lbs we can make some to celebrate. at the rate i'm going it might be July or August before i get that low.

in the meantime i have some strawberries in the freezer to get used up so those will be coming out of there the next few weeks. i know some of them are not going to be good so those will end up as worm food anyways.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
what someone else makes!

what i'm hungry for i just typed two pages and deleted it. :) pecan pie, we don't have anything like that, but we do have some moolasses cookies with raspberry jam in the middle that are calling to me for brunch. i'm going to have to be strong and avoid them.