FJ's New Construction Checklist

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The county just north of us is having their soil and water conservatory district tree sale. lots of nut trees and ELDERBERRY starts. Oh the frustration of not having our own place

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The county just north of us is having their soil and water conservatory district tree sale. lots of nut trees and ELDERBERRY starts. Oh the frustration of not having our own place
ARGH! That is definitely frustrating! Could you put a couple elderberries in big pots?

Last edited:

AllerkrosS3

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
The construction of a house involves a complex process, which takes a relatively long time and consumes considerable resources. It is necessary not to be superficial or marginally engaged and let things happen by themselves. In this case, it's almost certain that the project will fail. From the beginning, one needs to know what it's up to and its consequences if it fails. Keep track of changes, things that are done in addition, and things that are given up. Keep the records of expenses and payments made to third parties as strictly as possible. At boutiquehomeplans.com, you can calculate the cost of building your house.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Why does spray foam cause such humidity and hvac issues?
The wife and I were just discussing this!!!!!! She mentioned the same thing about drawing moisture. I thought with new construction, if you use a barrier, that mitigated the issue.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Let me clarify my "no movement" comment. We are doing some traveling this week, so lots of car time to discuss.

The wife is industriously searching out floor plans, and then makes notes all over a snap shotted image of them. Since her changes are of the type that will require an architect to update any plans, I suggested that maybe we just start listing the rooms we want (including sizes and features), and let a professional piece it together.

Last edited: