Food hoarding?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Yes, I am proud to be a sick twisted freak :D

I wouldn't be overly concerned about this, but would just keep a low profile locally and not advertise that you are stocking up.

When it gets down to it, the Government can basically do anything it wants to. There was no constitutional or law basis for house to house confiscation of firearms after Katrina, but it was done solely because some bureaucrats took it upon themselves to do so. The same thing could in any emergency. However, I'd rather worry about the possibility of confiscation, than having to see my family going hungry in an emergency.
Agreed.

The thing that struck me in the story of the doctor and his wife is that they could tell by the political climate at the time that disaster was on the way. They took money the wife inherited and invested it in food and trade items. This is the SMART thing to do. Then, when they try to donate some of the flour to the poor, the gvnmt goes at them with both barrels. How sick and wrong is that???

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
One more tip...always buy your food stuffs with cash...not a credit or debit card...what you buy on any card is traceable, and you can be found out... use cash.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For that Dr Nash family they sure were into the sugar thing. Enough to maintian a lot of addictions and cause lots of disease.
:D

In terms of money adjusted for inflation they had maybe 20,000 dollars of food stored!

Edited for content

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
With the concerns appearing these days on solar storm acitivity and the years it would take to repair the electric grid I am re-evaluating once again food storage and ways of cooking.

should look at sun drying again too.

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Use cash and DO NOT use a store discount or value card. I don't know if that is a thing everywhere but in the South & Midwest, most grocery chains hike their prices so they can give a "discount" to folks who sign up for their membership card. Many of those places don't bother to check your id when you sign up, so you can use a fake name, address, etc. if you feel compelled to get the discount card.

MorelCabin said:
One more tip...always buy your food stuffs with cash...not a credit or debit card...what you buy on any card is traceable, and you can be found out... use cash.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Jeesh, I don't know what your talking about. I don't have anything stored.
Me neither :D
whatcha talking about? canner? whatsa canner?

golly you must all be a bunch wackos or something.. nobody here but us chickens... and they are only pets. i snuggle them and carry them around in my purse.

btw, i actually live in iowa. in town. go consumerism!

Latest posts