Food hoarding?

Nick

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Several of you have hit the nail on the head--regardless of laws on the books and any heavy-handed actions that certain authorities may try to take to round up "excess" food in the event of an emergency, they can't take what they can't find, and there's not enough of "them" to round up food from everyone. Stock up, hide it well and keep your piehole shut. ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Alrighty then.
Stock up. And keep your mouth shut. Be anonymous, ie., do not spread the news about any of your stores beyond sensible once per month shopping.

And remember, if you talk about it here, you can be tracked very easily.

There is an instance in the OT where a cerain King opened up his home for full vewing to supposed friends from afar off.
Guess what happened?
Pillaged.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I don't even tell hubby what I stock up on... :gig He already thinks I'm a massive packrat hoarder....

The other day cereal was on sale (HE loves cereal) so he told me to pick up some extra boxes... I came home put a few in the cabinet and the rest under my bed... where I have a ton of canned goods and various other things...

Well he came home and asked what all I got... I wasn't thinking and told him I put it under the bed because I ran out of cabinet space... he went in the bedroom to go see and when he took a look he about FREAKED out! ROFL :lol: He came out and asked... ummm hun... just how much food did you buy? DOH! Busted! :hide

Each week I tell him all the stuff we NEED so he doesn't gripe about the money I spend on groceries... (Ok I feed, clothe, and purchase household items for a family of 5 off of about 125 per week, plus try to spend 5-10 each week on stocking up) If he knows that I already have food... then he would want to give me less each week so he could spend the money for something else... :smack Sorry I think I'm already limiting our budget pretty well... sure because I'm thrifty and am still able to stock up he feels I could get by on less... :he:rant So... I just don't tell him... :lol:

I filled a bucket with some long term stuff last week... and put it in our closet... he asked what the bucket was for... I told him just a bunch of junk... Thankfully he didn't pry... hahaha wonder just how many buckets I can cram in there before he knows something fishy is up... :gig

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:
I filled a bucket with some long term stuff last week... and put it in our closet... he asked what the bucket was for... I told him just a bunch of junk... Thankfully he didn't pry... hahaha wonder just how many buckets I can cram in there before he knows something fishy is up... :gig
I hope he won't throw it away one day, since it's "just a bunch of junk"!! ;)

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OH no he learned a while back to ask before he tosses my stuff... I still haven't let him live down the fact he tossed out my grandmothers picture when we first got married and moved... I had ran out of boxes so started putting items in garbage bags to move... well... needless to say the garbage bags didn't get moved anywhere but to the dump! :smack And 10 years later I still haven't let him live that down! so no worries about him tossing my bucket anytime soon... hahaha

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
CrimsonRose said:
OH no he learned a while back to ask before he tosses my stuff... I still haven't let him live down the fact he tossed out my grandmothers picture when we first got married and moved... I had ran out of boxes so started putting items in garbage bags to move... well... needless to say the garbage bags didn't get moved anywhere but to the dump! :smack And 10 years later I still haven't let him live that down! so no worries about him tossing my bucket anytime soon... hahaha
I understand COMPLETELY...I had some Christmas earrings (you know, those silly ones with candy canes, bells, etc.) that I kept in an old Whitman's candy box (don't ask why, it was just handy, I guess). Well, DH thought, what is this old candy box doing out? & threw it in the trash. Luckily for his a** I saw it & retrieved it. I asked him, didn't you notice the box wasn't empty & actually JINGLED when you threw it away?? :lol: Arrgh!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
99.9% of the time what a hubby doesn't know won't hurt him
lol

I live that way. In fact, my hubby doesn't want to know, if he did he would have to be involved and he would rather just let me run the household and never think about it. Yea, who has it better? I am thinking him :lol:

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I live that way. In fact, my hubby doesn't want to know, if he did he would have to be involved and he would rather just let me run the household and never think about it. Yea, who has it better? I am thinking him :lol:
That's my DH exactly. He enjoys being in denial. :rolleyes:

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
In fact, my hubby doesn't want to know, if he did he would have to be involved
oh yeah I have the "dumb hubby" syndrome as well... I ask him to help me build something... his reply "well I really don't know how" or better yet he does the crappiest job he can think of in hopes I won't ask him to help me again... But when it comes to building himself a garage it's awesome...

So please explain the boy who couldn't build a rabbit cage (it was crooked, roof leaked, and he forgot a door... I had to cut a whole in the wire on the side!) can build an immaculate garage??? :rant

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
LOL You have to phrase it right.

"Me and so and so are having a contest to build the best chicken coop. I said that you could probably outbuild anyone!"... you know... hit the ego ;)